PDA

View Full Version : todays hunt with Joe

dave in iowa
10-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Thanks Joe for the hunt , iwas the lucky one today, 1st coin in the 1st 10 minutes was a 1895o barber quarter , then about half hour later got this really nice 1917s merc. also 2 wheats ,1920 and 28 ,and a thimble , thats joe off in the distance the ground was hard as a rock in most places , hoping to go back after a good rain

angellionel
10-12-2010, 02:43 PM
That is a sweet looking merc. :drool: It is in beautiful condition. I love that old Barber quarter too. What a thrill it is to see them pop out of the ground. :smitten: The area around that group of trees near Joe sure looks great. :loveit:

coinnut
10-12-2010, 05:59 PM
:shocked04: Real nice looking Mercury!! That 17 S rocks!! lol I'd put that one in a 2x2 for sure!! A Barber quarter always looks rare, no matter what date lol We were just talking about how nice a worn silver coin feels. Great hunt!

jkress
10-12-2010, 06:50 PM
You rocked today Dave. When you pulled out that Barber in the first 10 minutes I thought we were going to hit the mother load. I just couldn't buy a good signal today. A clad quarter and 3 or 4 wheats was the best a could do. Hopefully we'll get a good rain to soften and liven things up a bit there.

.... By the way, I got to see Dave doing the Barber quarter happy dance. :peace: Good stuff!

Glad you found some nice silver today. Since I won't be posting my wheats, I'll just throw in a couple of shots I took of the grounds before you arrived. It is a beautiful site to hunt.

http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist/pictures/picture-45.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist/pictures/picture-46.jpg

dave in iowa
10-12-2010, 06:58 PM
great photos Joe

Epi-hunter
10-12-2010, 08:29 PM
OMG.... that is an AWESOME Iowa site. No wonder I miss Iowa so much. :crying02:

del
10-12-2010, 08:37 PM
great looking coins Dave , especially the merc :peace: very nice looking area to hunt in too.thanks for the pictures.

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-12-2010, 08:53 PM
some nice lookin silver! love those barbers! ouch on the back of the qtr :embarrassed:
be careful next time if you dinged that one ;)