PDA

View Full Version : BALLS,BUTTONS AND BOTTLES!

wild willy
10-13-2010, 03:19 AM
hi all! went on a local hunt to the indianhead river. most of the finds were lead. a couple of musket balls and some newer. my buddy corroded copper told me about in the old days at picnic sites they used to bury there utensils and stuff for the next time they came. i guess that makes sence seeing that alls you have to do is go to the river and wash off. well thats not quite what i found its more like a picnic area trash pit. its only about 2x2 with about mid to late 1800s bottles [broken of coares] theres also tea cups and plates and other picnic type stuff. what alerted me of the spot was that my tecta went off and i started digging and first came up with china what sounded the machine was a old bucket handel. i have to come back to this place with a real shovel because i had to stop from the fingers bleeding. this spot has promise. thanx. willy

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-13-2010, 06:54 AM
cool relics.grab the shovel and go! thumbsup01

coinnut
10-13-2010, 06:57 AM
this spot has promise.

Lots of promise. :yes: I have done some picnic sites and they always bury their trash. And they always seem to bust the bottles too lol .... :mad: There should be some coins there, providing the river has not swept them off during the floods. I'd look for some higher ground, close to the spot you did. If there is buried trash, the picnic spot is usually just above that. Good luck willy.

wild willy
10-14-2010, 05:37 AM
george this spot is high! you look down at the river. ill try to get pics. its a very rocky area too im skepticle about any whole glass or ceramics. thats really not what im after anyway. well see :yes: willy

del
10-14-2010, 06:07 AM
picnic sites with a scenic overlook were very popular in the victorian era , and from the items you've shown i'd say your well into that ballpark range . i wish you luck your next visit there . thumbsup01

coinnut
10-14-2010, 10:18 AM
george this spot is high! you look down at the river. ill try to get pics. its a very rocky area too im skepticle about any whole glass or ceramics. thats really not what im after anyway. well see :yes: willy

Sounds like you are there lol Great location. Go slow and start vacuuming up them Barbers rofl

BOWSER
10-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Nice goin Bill ,sounds like a good spot to me.good luck

wild willy
10-15-2010, 03:30 AM
hey jim you can go there! your coil found the site. :teasing: willy

BOWSER
10-15-2010, 06:25 PM
Thankks Bill,i m headed for the beach,there are gold dubloones up against the seawall,2 found last week.

jkress
10-16-2010, 12:09 AM
Great old finds WW. :clapping:

I'm sure there's a nice coin hiding there somewhere.

Good luck.

wild willy
10-16-2010, 05:57 AM
Thankks Bill,i m headed for the beach,there are gold dubloones up against the seawall,2 found last week.
jim your getting my goat right? :yes: willy