PDA

View Full Version : wheaties 14, silvers 0

randy
10-13-2010, 04:54 PM
I like digging wheaties as much as the next guy, but you would think the silvers could have at least managed a field goal :mad: I found 7 wheaties in the first 45 minutes, and thought finding the shiny stuff was gonna be like shooting fish in a barrel, but it was not to be. I find it hard to believe the other folks who have been thru here managed to pluck the silver, and leave the pennies, but I guess it is possible. :confused:

The oldest of the batch is a 1917. I guess if you are finding wheaties, you are doing something right. Lets hope so.

Jason in Enid
10-13-2010, 04:59 PM
That's too bad. But with that many wheats, you can bet there is still some silver hiding in there. It is possible to cherry pick the silver if you concentrate on dime and higher readings. You won't get all of it, but you will get most.

jkress
10-13-2010, 07:45 PM
Great pile of wheats!

Seems like a silver coin should have snuck in there between a couple of those pennies. :confused: But.... I guess we'll have days like that.

Congrats.

Cheap Thrills
10-14-2010, 12:58 PM
The silver will come and of course so will more wheats . Hang in there . thumbsup01

coinnut
10-15-2010, 01:05 PM
Seems like they should have missed some silver :thinkingabout:. You probably just haven't gotten your coil over any. Hang in there, digging Wheats is better than Memorials any day lol

angellionel
10-15-2010, 01:28 PM
I have to agree, Randy. With that many wheat cents - and it looks like you a few of the older dates - there has to be some silver at that site. I suspect that you will find them soon enough. :yes:

RobW
10-15-2010, 03:53 PM
There's silver there....somewhere....unless Angel has already been there lol

randy
10-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Well, I had a quick hunt there again today and managed to get one. This was 4-5 inches deep and only 5 feet from a tot lot. I usually don't go too close to the tot lot at this site as I figure they've had 40 years before me to get the silver while they're cleaning out the clad (and I've even seen another guy in that area), but the E-Trac sniffed it out of the trash :smitten:

angellionel
10-15-2010, 08:01 PM
You just never know where they will show up. :grin: It's amazing what has been missed after all these years. Nice pick up!