PDA

View Full Version : One at a time

Jason in Enid
10-13-2010, 04:54 PM
I try every day to make those 10 or more silver finds that some people <cough-angel-cough> seem to make as a routine. Sadly, I usually don't find any. But today, I managed to pull one more silver from the ground!!! I had the foresight to bring the camera along. As soon as I saw that rim, I stopped and got the camera .

The first pic is the first of it I saw.

Next, I pulled the dirt apart, but it still didn't show any detail. At least it wasn't stained.

I cleaned it with a bit of water to see exactly what I had found

This is the hole it was hiding in. Almost 6 inches deep to the coin, I had to go just under it to pull it out. I love that Treasure Wise scoop. Tough as can be, and that scale lets me see exactly how deep my target was.

It's funny because I had been at this site for a while and was getting frustrated. As I kneeled down to start digging I said to myself If this is silver, I'm staying longer. Otherwise I'm outta here. It was a perfect dime reading, but I had dug many memorials and clads with the same numbers so far.

This was my second site to hunt today. I left the first one after an hour and a half becuase there were too many coins. Yes, you read that right... too many coins. It was like someone had taken handfulls of pennies and thrown them everywhere. I couldn't even pinpoint with my coil. I just sat down and used my Sun-Ray probe, since they were all just under the surface. After a while I gave up digging all those cents. Maybe one day if I am bored I will go back and clean the surface coins away so I can try to find the old ones hiding there.

PS, how can I post pics in the body of the message instead of all at the end like it wants to do automatically?

dave in iowa
10-13-2010, 06:00 PM
good find and nice pics.

jkress
10-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Congrats Jason! :clapping:

It is quite a rush catching that first glimpse of silver in the hole/clump.... I love it.

Thanks for taking us along... almost :rolleyes: as fun as digging one myself.

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-13-2010, 08:04 PM
nice silver! love seeing it in the hole! thumbsup01

pulltabsteve
10-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Love it!! Good hunt. thumbsup01

CyberSage
10-13-2010, 11:33 PM
Nothing wrong with doing it one at a time friend. That's how most of my silver comes in. Congratulations on a nice Rosie. That is a terrific photo! Thanks for sharing your find.

Jac

coinnut
10-14-2010, 10:30 AM
My silver comes in little spurts. Couple here, couple there and then NONE for a while lol I'll take them one at a time anyday. Nice to see the raw silve still in the hole. That is the rush that keeps us digging. If I were you I would dig as many clads and pennies as I could and then walk over to the coinshop and buy yourself some worn silver lol That's the other way to get them ;) rofl

Cheap Thrills
10-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Nice going , we all can't be :angelic:'s .

:devilish:

coinnut
10-15-2010, 12:41 PM
Nice going , we all can't be :angelic:'s .

:devilish:

rofl

Sometimes it's just more fun to be :devilish:'s

zrickkid
10-16-2010, 11:11 PM
Sometimes it almost seems like this forum has a lot of show offs. :teasing: But when I look more clearly at it maybe im just a bit jealous im not the one showing off my multiple silver finds. One day! To all of you out there keep up the great work.