PDA

View Full Version : more competition LOL

rsarge1
10-13-2010, 08:03 PM
well we went to a different town than last time we only got harrassed by a few dogs lol and young couple who just bought a cheapie other brand of metal detector this machine was so cheap it didnt even have the brand name on it and no screen it was sound only :bangahead01: :bangahead01: , they wanted to know if I could give them some pointers, one pointer i was about to say was throw that machine away and buy a good machine LOL but instead I started out trying to figure out thier machine and how it worked then I showed them how to pin point properly after showing them a few things, after a while RTD got curious and wandered over to see what was up well, we talked for a while and learned that they had some property with an old stage coach stop on it and some old buildings still up so I gave them my metal detecting for hobby card and said that if they wanted company we would be willing to go with them,

they seemed interrested so I guess the find of the day was a great hunting prospect, a little clad and ring # 55 a cheapie so no pics nothing much to speak of., you've all seen clad and cheapie rings LOL.

Jason in Enid
10-13-2010, 08:20 PM
Good job helping out those others! Maybe it will pay off if they invite you help hunt that good site.

CyberSage
10-13-2010, 11:18 PM
Sounds like you have a good hunt ahead of you Sarge. I am out of town for a week, but maybe we can get together for another hunt in the coming weeks. I am still pulling some good coins north of you a bit. It's alway a good thing to help out new detectorist. Good for you Sarge. Talk to you soon.

Jack

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-14-2010, 06:32 AM
after you pull the the 1st large cent from their property while hunting with them don't be suprised if ya get the ole boot to the butt rofl just kiddin.after they see what ya pull they may just crack their detector across the nearest tree ;) :ticked:
good luck! hope you do well at that spot! thumbsup01

coinnut
10-14-2010, 10:05 AM
That may pan out for them and you. If you have a back up machine, (or one you want to sell), bring it along and maybe they can try it, if they are doing poorly with theirs. Hope they call you.

Cheap Thrills
10-14-2010, 12:43 PM
That may pan out for them and you. If you have a back up machine, (or one you want to sell), bring it along and maybe they can try it, if they are doing poorly with theirs. Hope they call you.

George said it perfectly . Good luck thumbsup01