PDA

View Full Version : Good deal on DetectorPro Uniprobe

Canardly
10-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Edmund Scientific has the headphone Uniprobe on sale for $245. If you use the coupon code TY2 you get an additional 12% discount. I had one mailed to me via UPS 2 day AM delivery for $255 total. I used it today for three hours and at first it's a bit squirrely but works very well once you get a bit of practice. It really does go pretty deep. I also like that the scan seems to be only beneath the probe and not on the sides (I get confused very easily!)
http://www.scientificsonline.com/detectorpro-uniprobe.html

Lowjiber
10-14-2010, 07:57 AM
Do you use it in lieu of a regular metal detector?

Canardly
10-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Nope, I use it just for pinpointing after digging the hole. Interestingly, this headphone unit can be adapted to be used as a stand alone pulse detector by buying a shaft and larger coil.

Lowjiber
10-14-2010, 09:45 AM
Do you use a headset with your detector?

The reason I'm asking is that I don't relish the idea of taking off one headset and putting on another to probe a hole. I mostly use Sunray probes to eliminate that issue.

Sunrays are VLF probes...vice the PI of the one you're describing.

Canardly
10-14-2010, 10:52 AM
The Uniprobe headset is also plugged into the detector with a curly cord provided so you don't change headsets. A switch turns off the detector signal and turns on the probe. The probe doesn't have target ID like the Sunray but works on deeper targets. This increased targeting depth is the only real benefit of the Uniprobe. I've used both the Garret Propointer and a Sunray (on my DFX) and the depth of the Uniprobe has shown a significant increase. The Sunray is really good, though.