PDA

View Full Version : I FINALLY PULLED THE TRIGGER ON AN E-TRAC

catskillcomics
10-14-2010, 10:26 AM
I have been hyming and Hawing over whether or not to get an e-trac for the past year. Not so much I didn't know if it was a good move or not, with Angel,George and others finding such great finds with theirs, but it came to price... I finally found an e-trac, brand new in the box, 3 year warranty for 1250.00 so I pounced.
I can't wait to get it and get it ready for a brand new hunting season. <:

coinnut
10-14-2010, 10:33 AM
That's wonderful!! Unfortunately you are not allowed any E Trac time when you hunt with us lol We have a great National Geographics detector you can use. But it will look nice in the corner next to the sofa rofl Glad you got one at a really nice price. You will either love it or hate it, but I think you will get the hang of it, (especially after your first silver coin lol).

catskillcomics
10-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Yeh, I figured it would be a love/hate thing at first.. pretty much when I got the DFX, I wasn't sure I'd ever get it right... but after about 6 months I was getting into the swing of things ( I made a funny) lol
Anyways, I figured it would be the same with the Etrac.. its gonna be like throwing out the PC and learning the mac... same principle, just a different way of doing it

del
10-14-2010, 02:04 PM
hey congrats on turning to the dark side Scott :teasing: lol lol that is the park machine to have . i don't know if i can picture you going that slow after swinging the dfx for awhile . :thinkingabout: but it would be fun to watch you catch yourself now and then as i still see Coinnut do it once in awhile. lol lol
hey best of luck to you with the new toy and keep us updated on your schooling.

Dan

angellionel
10-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Congrats, Scott! I'm glad to hear that you found a new one at a good price! thumbsup01

catskillcomics
10-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Thanks Angel... I am excited and ready to give her a whirl

Congrats, Scott! I'm glad to hear that you found a new one at a good price! thumbsup01

RobW
10-15-2010, 08:26 AM
Congrats, I'm still in the love/hate thing, still more hate than love. But it will hit someday, I hope!

catskillcomics
10-15-2010, 09:18 AM
I think my biggest hurdle will be getting use to those numbers coming up on the screen, I'll have to make a list of what they mean and keep it with me till I know what Im reading.. otherwise it will be the ole, dig everything till I figure it out thing

catskillcomics
10-15-2010, 09:20 AM
That's wonderful!! Unfortunately you are not allowed any E Trac time when you hunt with us lol We have a great National Geographics detector you can use. But it will look nice in the corner next to the sofa rofl Glad you got one at a really nice price. You will either love it or hate it, but I think you will get the hang of it, (especially after your first silver coin lol).

Don't you worry, I'm not coming over there to show you up in your home turf, like you did to me.. rofl
I'll be bringing my DFX, as I'll be using that till the end of the season... and sell it over the winter or at the beginning of the spring.

coinnut
10-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Don't you worry, I'm not coming over there to show you up in your home turf, like you did to me.. rofl
I'll be bringing my DFX,

rofl You may want to bring both, so you can see how I set my ET up. Or you can look at my settings and wing it when you get home lol

jkress
10-16-2010, 12:24 AM
its gonna be like throwing out the PC and learning the mac...

I didn't realize the DFX was extremely prone to viruses, has control, alt and delete keys or needed to be rebooted on a daily basis. rofl :poke: :rolleyes:

Just kidding... congrats on the new machine and the great price. Can't wait to see what you recover with it.

kenfen
10-17-2010, 06:41 AM
Hi Scott,

I went from a DFX to an E-Trac.... VW to a Benz.... One thing, I've had to dig a lot deeper 8)

That beautiful Barber dime I found clenched it for me that this was the best move I could have made.

Have fun!

Regards, Ken