PDA

View Full Version : Silver And An Old Cufflink

angellionel
11-20-2009, 06:24 PM
I sure hope this great weather continues. It did rain during the night and early this morning, but the rest of the day turned out to be quite pleasant.

I did get to spend some time at the park, this time working another section near a baseball field. From there I dug up three more silver coins, a 1936 mercury dime, a 1941-S Washington quarter, and a 1900 Barber dime.

I love the look of silver, especially when it is an old coin. ;)

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2009/November/CPH_barberdime_112009.jpg

I had two signals on this cufflink while searching for it with the probe. The part on the left was hitting as a nickel, with a Fe of 12, and of Co 13. The other part, which was a little deeper, was hitting at Co of 39/40.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2009/November/CPH_cufflink_112009.jpg

Three more silver coins added to the pile.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2009/November/CPH_silver_112009.jpg

HH!

coinnut
11-20-2009, 06:54 PM
You just can't quit the silver habit can you?? :lol: Sooner or later it will get you and there will be no turning back from that disease. Move over AA, we need SA (Silver Anonymous). Great digs... can't wait to see that dance in a clown suit. :shocked04:

angellionel
11-20-2009, 07:55 PM
I am utterly addicted. :lol: I do need to attend a few SA meetings to help me get over it. :grin:

del
11-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Angel you would be acting president of the SA meeting with all that silver :lol: :lol:

congrats on the silver , cool date on the barber .

Krom
11-20-2009, 08:30 PM
I am utterly addicted. :lol: I do need to attend a few SA meetings to help me get over it. :grin:

Yeah... and THAT'S gonna happen. :rolleyes:
Awesome day's digs, Angel! :thumbsup01:

MNDigger
11-20-2009, 08:34 PM
Great looking hunt! Congrats on the silver! The cufflink is pretty unique and I am glad you were able to recover both parts! How deep on average are you finding your coins in these parks?

angellionel
11-20-2009, 08:36 PM
Yeah... and THAT'S gonna happen. :rolleyes:
Awesome day's digs, Angel! :thumbsup01:

You are right, it isn't going to happen. :lol: I'm too far gone. :shocked02:

Great looking hunt! Congrats on the silver! The cufflink is pretty unique and I am glad you were able to recover both parts! How deep on average are you finding your coins in these parks?

It depends on the section, but if I were to estimate an average, I would say 8 inches. Some of the coins have been as deep as 12 inches. Depth isn't my concern at this park though. The E-Trac provides plenty there. I have been finding the shallower silver coins at the trashier parts of the park, where you can't move the coil without getting a signal.

Epi-hunter
11-20-2009, 08:37 PM
You didn't tell me about the cufflink! :lol: He only tells me about the silver and ignores everything else. Yep, he needs SA! :lol:

Beautiful silver coins, as usual. The cufflink is cool... looks like stained glass or something.

coinnut
11-20-2009, 08:46 PM
The cufflink is cool... looks like stained glass or something.

I think they are enameled, kinda like how cloisonne is done. You have the flat piece and then wire is bent and soldered in the shape of something (like leaves, or a portrait). Then each channel is filled with enamel and baked hard. Very popular around the 1900's.

angellionel
11-20-2009, 08:47 PM
You didn't tell me about the cufflink! :lol: He only tells me about the silver and ignores everything else. Yep, he needs SA! :lol:

Beautiful silver coins, as usual. The cufflink is cool... looks like stained glass or something.

I meant to tell you, honest. :lol:

I think the oval part of the cufflink is made of silver. :)

angellionel
11-20-2009, 08:49 PM
I think they are enameled, kinda like how cloisonne is done. You have the flat piece and then wire is bent and soldered in the shape of something (like leaves, or a portrait). Then each channel is filled with enamel and baked hard. Very popular around the 1900's.

Good info! :thumbsup01:

Krom
11-20-2009, 08:57 PM
You didn't tell me about the cufflink! lol He only tells me about the silver and ignores everything else. Yep, he needs SA! :lol:

I've developed that habit too, Epi. Whatever's the best finds, seems to take precedence.
(tho' I do remember a Carol person askin' me... How about posting your crap?)

Dave
11-20-2009, 10:13 PM
Nice!! :thumbsup01:

catskillcomics
11-20-2009, 10:18 PM

Angel, I believe the only cure for Silver addiction is moving on to Gold! :lol:
Great Finds BTW :thumbsup01: Meeting up with Aaron tomorrow for a day long hunt..

angellionel
11-20-2009, 10:33 PM
Angel, I believe the only cure for Silver addiction is moving on to Gold! :lol:
Great Finds BTW :thumbsup01: Meeting up with Aaron tomorrow for a day long hunt..

I may have to try for gold next year. :drool:

Tomorrow should be a nice day for detecting. I wish you and Aaron success and much fun. :thumbsup01:

Snowy
11-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Based on the posts in this string I'd say a text message wasn't sent! :lol:
I'm always impressed with your finds. It goes to show what one can do when they know their machine well.

OkieDigger
11-21-2009, 01:46 PM
More nice silver! It's odd, but I've found more cufflinks than religious medals here. Lots of tie tacks too.