PDA

View Full Version : 3 COLONIAL COPPERS!!!!!!

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-16-2010, 05:53 PM
headed out early with frank and roger.everyone did well today which made for a great day!
got my 30th copper on the year!
one 1722 french denier colonial copper and 2 connecticut coppers dated 1787
at least i think the other one is a CT copper?
a pewter boot too :lol:
love it when everyone goes home happy! 7 coppers came out of this site!
and yet another OX-KNOB!!!!!! :happydance01:

in the group photo left to right Frank,Roger & me

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-16-2010, 05:55 PM
more pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-16-2010, 05:56 PM
more pics

sniffy
10-16-2010, 06:36 PM
I really wish I could hunt as much as you do crying01...Nice site you guys hit :shocked04: :shocked04:stretcher:

coinnut
10-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Great hunt Dave!! :beerbuddy: Some nice condition coppers there :shocked04: Congrats on the CT's and the French coin. Really nice digs. And I see another Nova came out. That one is gorgeous :shocked04: :shocked04: :smitten: Sweet hunt!!

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Great hunt Dave!! :beerbuddy: Some nice condition coppers there :shocked04: Congrats on the CT's and the French coin. Really nice digs. And I see another Nova came out. That one is gorgeous :shocked04: :shocked04: :smitten: Sweet hunt!!

thanks G! yeah thats 2 novas i seen dug in front of me in 2 weeks! :crying02:
i'll get one someday.
here are rogers CT's nice huh?
i don't think i've seen a nicer one dug than the top one in the pic below :thinkingabout:

coinnut
10-16-2010, 08:48 PM
Sweet coppers. What an area and what a virgin hole thumbsup01 Nobody misses them coppers. You should get about 10 more coppers (or more) from that area. :yes:

wild willy
10-17-2010, 03:59 AM
wow dave! did you get the boot from that site lol. man you guys are doing good. talk to grand ma and organize a mini group hunt! i gotta meet you this year and hunt with you guys :happydance01: willy

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-17-2010, 05:24 AM
Sweet coppers. What an area and what a virgin hole thumbsup01 Nobody misses them coppers. You should get about 10 more coppers (or more) from that area. :yes:

i don't think it's a virgin hole G. no targets at all away from the hole at all.all these were dug in the lip of cellar hole.i think whoever hit this site was scared of the iron field :happydance01:

angellionel
10-17-2010, 08:32 PM
Congrats on some great finds, Dave! thumbsup01 Those coppers held up very well. :yes:

jkress
10-17-2010, 09:56 PM
Beautiful coins Dave! :clapping:

I really admire the things you pull from the woods.

If it's very, very old, (for the US), you'll eventually find it.

I'm currently trying to get Dave to skip the yards, parks and schools and venture out in the woods with me. Only problem now are the hunters... not all hunters, but the 'movement' shooters. You just can't wear enough blaze orange for some of those guys. :stretcher:

Anyway, congrats on those coins. I know better to even put those type of coins on my wish list.

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-18-2010, 05:53 AM
Beautiful coins Dave! :clapping:

I really admire the things you pull from the woods.

If it's very, very old, (for the US), you'll eventually find it.

I'm currently trying to get Dave to skip the yards, parks and schools and venture out in the woods with me. Only problem now are the hunters... not all hunters, but the 'movement' shooters. You just can't wear enough blaze orange for some of those guys. :stretcher:

Anyway, congrats on those coins. I know better to even put those type of coins on my wish list.

i hope ya can convince dave to get into the woods.once ya go cellar hole you'll never look back! be careful for those hunters.we had a horror story happen here in Ct not to long ago.some hiker got an arrow through the neck

RobW
10-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Nice digs all around!