PDA

View Full Version : COMPLETE COLONIAL SHOE BUCKLE*FINALLY !!!!!!

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Frank and I went back to the site i dug the Lafayette button and squeeked out a few more keepers.
I dug so many buckle frames & pieces.....finally scored a complete one!
it's not the most pretty one but it's old and it's mine! :happydance01:
a few buttons & a busted # 6 size crotal bell

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-17-2010, 06:13 PM
more pics

coinnut
10-17-2010, 06:26 PM
lol Yep winter is coming cause something finally froze over rofl You FINALLY found a complete one :happydance01: Now what ya gonna whine about next :confused: lol Great job Dave and it looks like an old one too. I think older than the oval ones we usually get. That small button is kinda neat too. Can you tell what it is on there? Sometimes they can be military buttons. :beerbuddy:

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-17-2010, 06:30 PM
lol Yep winter is coming cause something finally froze over rofl You FINALLY found a complete one :happydance01: Now what ya gonna whine about next :confused: lol Graet job Dave and it looks like an old one too. I think older than the oval ones we usually get. That small button is kinda neat too. Can you tell what it is on there? Sometimes they can be military buttons. :beerbuddy:

thanks G! kinda looks like a flower pattern.hard to tell.i think it's pewter and possibly a frozen up swivel shank on backside? :confused:

coinnut
10-17-2010, 06:33 PM
thanks G! kinda looks like a flower pattern.hard to tell.i think it's pewter and possibly a frozen up swivel shank on backside? :confused:

I'm not sure but I'm guessing brass. I don't know if they did any other types of shanks except the fixed kind, since it was molded?? I don't see the usual mold line on the back. IDK, but a great hunt just the same.

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-17-2010, 06:37 PM
I'm not sure but I'm guessing brass. I don't know if they did any other types of shanks except the fixed kind, since it was molded?? I don't see the usual mold line on the back. IDK, but a great hunt just the same.

i just looked at it again.i think it is brass.shank bent over.if it was pewter i don't think shank woulda bent.it would have snapped off.oh well

del
10-17-2010, 07:47 PM
did somebody say the end is near because Dave found a whole shoe buckle lol lol :teasing: :poke: lol hey finnally a complete one , jeeez what were you waiting for my friend :dontknow: lol very sweet , its as George says looks to be an older variety (more mid-1700's) congrats Dave :happydance01: thumbsup01

coinnut
10-17-2010, 07:51 PM
did somebody say the end is near because Dave found a whole shoe buckle lol lol :teasing: :poke: lol

Pretty much lol

angellionel
10-17-2010, 08:18 PM
That is one big crotal bell. :shocked01: Nice finds, Dave, and congrats on the complete buckle! thumbsup01

sniffy
10-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Does this mean I can have mine back now? LOL