PDA

View Full Version : COLONIAL CORN FIELD HUNT

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-18-2010, 07:37 PM
Gary(foundationhunter) and myself got permission to search a corn field behind a colonial home we could only put in 2 hours before it got dark because the homeowner didn't get home until 5pm.but he said we can come back anyday even if he's not home.come to find out there is a cellar hole beyond the far wall of the field and it's a huge center chimney site with so much open area all around it. guess where we'll be heading next
so hard swinging between the corn stalk stubs.i got a few keepers but not what i was expecting to pull. a 1906 barber dime,1923 buffalo nickel,a WWII army great seal button and a #1 crotal bell.
I was thinking about the 3 musketeers down in PA and had visions of coppers popping out of this field.
come to find out the owner gave some other guys permission to detect it previously.
Gary squeeked out a worn copper.idk if hes gonna be able to ID it or not looked toasted to me but we shall see.

randy
10-18-2010, 08:29 PM
That's a nice lookin' barber :smitten: I'm sure there's still some coppers left in that field.

zrickkid
10-18-2010, 10:15 PM
Keep looking you'll find a copper there. thumbsup01

coinnut
10-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Wow, a corn field that comes stock with it's own center chimney colonial hole lol What a find thumbsup01 Nice Barber and you have a lot of area to hunt now. Most of the coppers I have found in farmer's fields around here, take a beating from the fertilizers. But they are big, round, and copper, so I'll take them rofl I'm expecting to see some good finds from that hole Dave :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

SeabeeRon
10-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Sure love seeing the places you have to hunt Dave!! :drool: :loveit:

wild willy
10-20-2010, 04:00 AM
pound the piss outa that hole dave! good luck. :grin: willy

John M
10-20-2010, 05:46 AM
Dave with that field being in between two Colonial homes it will produce for you for a long time.Being a corn field it keeps getting turned over bringing new finds to the surface every year.

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-20-2010, 07:29 AM
Dave with that field being in between two Colonial homes it will produce for you for a long time.Being a corn field it keeps getting turned over bringing new finds to the surface every year.

well the owner said it hasn't been turned over in years now.the guy who plants corn just re-plants every year. the cellar hole was a dud.nothing there.Gary pulled a Ct copper out of the field yesterday.very tough swinging between the stalks i tell ya.bump em and my machine falses.pretty aggravating :yes:

RobW
10-20-2010, 07:36 AM
I too love seeing what kind of places you guys hit. It opens my eyes to new possibilities...I'll leave you guys the buttons though, I'm only interested in the coins. Thems some graet finds.

wild willy
10-21-2010, 03:33 AM
gee dave! do you think you get enough bells? weres the whistels. :twirlingeyes: nice hunt. willy

John M
10-21-2010, 05:34 AM
If he just keeps replanting he still will be turning up some ground.I would go back every year as long as you got the permission.

jkress
10-22-2010, 07:12 PM
Score!! :peace:

It still blows my mind the great stuff you all pull from crop fields.

Congrats.