PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin hunt #5

Jason in Enid
10-21-2010, 07:59 PM
My last post was about my #3 hunt. Yesterday was hunt #4, but all I found was more clad and 3 or 4 more wheats so I didn't bother to post.

Today, hunt #5.... I continued working my way outward from the pool I started on 3 days ago. I have finally gotten away from the circus of pennies, so I am digging fewer coins, but I can cover more ground in search of silver. Today the hunt paid off again. Not a coin, but really cool necklace and pendent. To start, the signal was funky but it was away from any iron. It jumped around from 11-42 to 12-45 to 8-44 and everything in that zone. Depth reading was about 5 inches. I was hoping it was a silver half of maybe a silver spill. After I cleaned out the inital hole I found the target in the dirt pile, as I slowly moved layers of soil away with my Sun-Ray probe, I saw a glint of silver smile up at me. I reached down to pick it up and watched as a fine silver chain was left dangling from my hand. This was my first necklace I have every dug. As I cleaned the dirt away I saw a silver lily pendant, slightly smaller than a dime. I could see it was thick and heavy, but waited until I got back to my room to clean it off. What I have is a religious, 3-way, flat-sliding pendent with a lily on each side. One lily side has what looks like a knight or spanish conquistador on the inside. The other lily side has a Saint Mary type of image on its inside. The center part has a faint image of a standing, robed figure on one side and an M with a cross above it and what may be 2 hearts below it, surrounded by 12 stars. One of the lilies is stamped sterling, although I could tell that when I dug it.

OK, sorry for the long explanation, but I can't post pics yet. I also dug several more wheaties, confirming that I need to stay in this area, so I will be hunting another side of the pool starting tomorrow.

Thanks for reading!

coinnut
10-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh I need pictures!!!!!! rofl Great find and can't wait to see it. The silver is slowly being released. I would have thought quarter / half from that 08-44 reading too. That is a real good number lol

Epi-hunter
10-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Waiting for photos!!!!

Sounds very nice, can't wait to see it! Contrats!

jkress
10-21-2010, 11:04 PM
Sounds like a great 5th hunt. :clapping:

Definitely can't wait to see the silver necklace. :yes:

Hopefully hunt #6 will be the silver spill.

Congrats Jason.

RobW
10-22-2010, 07:28 AM
Nice find! It pays to dig those iffys Mostly they are junk, but sometimes they are the difference between a good hunt and a bad one. Congrats!

leslie(nova scotia)
10-22-2010, 10:14 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....I'm sure the &quot:beerbuddy:ig Guy is pleased that you rescuedd one of his icons! WTG!