PDA

View Full Version : washington

hockeyguy
10-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Went out for 2 hours or so and dug only 1 good target about 5 minutes in. What was great about this was that I couldn't pinpoint it so I was happy to pull it out. Adjacent trash kept pulling me away on the pinpoint, however, there was a nice faint tone there. It did register quarter and I could hear it in the fore and aft swing so this is why I dug it. If I cannot hear it in both directions, I don't dig as this is usually the coil running too hot picking up the adjacent trash. Using this method, I will dig a coin maybe 50% of the time.

When you can't pinpoint, you always wonder if you'll retreive anything., This time I did.

The merc is the only silver I found on a marathon hunt with Scott and Angel last week in Albany, NY.

HH

Aaron

Jason in Enid
10-23-2010, 08:18 PM
Any hunt that gets silver is a great hunt. The fact that it's a quarter makes it even better!

You have a better record with those cant pinpoint targets than I do. Every time I get a good signal, but can't pinpoint, it turns out to be the big, rusty iron next to it. I actually dug about a dozen like that (and a few that did pinpoint) and had dry holes.

So chin up! That silver Washington is a great find!

zrickkid
10-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Nice Washington!

angellionel
10-23-2010, 09:52 PM
They keep adding up, Aaron. :happydance01: You may need to tie Scott up in order to catch up though. :shocked01: lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-23-2010, 11:44 PM
nice silver!

leslie(nova scotia)
11-01-2010, 10:47 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....duo of silver is nothing to sneeze at me bouy! Congrats.

RobW
11-01-2010, 10:49 AM
A silver make any hunt worth while..congrats!