PDA

View Full Version : WOO HOO ANOTHER GW!

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-23-2010, 05:57 PM
went back to a different site that me and Gary been to before.not the same site as my last GW .
Gary and Jesse(sniffy) hit this site too previously.Gary pulled a gold wedding band and jess got a ny excelsior button i think from here.
I was working the lip of the hole.alot of iron around this area but got a somewhat decent signal and thought it was just a dandy or cloak button.towards the end of the hunt i rubbed it a bit and saw a shield.
I said Gary i think I got another GW and he was like yeah ok pinnochio.
it's in rough shape and i'm afraid to even clean this one. it's the chicken eagle variety.
i used a dry toothbrush and put it down.before i ruin it i'd like some feedback on it if i should use soap,water and the toothbrush or just leave it as is?
look forward to your replies.
thanks,
Dave

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-23-2010, 05:58 PM
more pics

Cheap Thrills
10-23-2010, 06:26 PM
It's gorgeous like it is ...........leave it !!! Congrats once again on doing the impossible .Trying to clean just might mess it up to the point of being unidentifiable . Nice going !!! thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-23-2010, 06:37 PM
It's gorgeous like it is ...........leave it !!! Congrats once again on doing the impossible .Trying to clean just might mess it up to the point of being unidentifiable . Nice going !!! thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01

yeah i was leaning on the same idea..leave as is

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-23-2010, 08:07 PM
thanks Dan on the hot peroxide advice! thumbsup01

del
10-23-2010, 08:15 PM
looks alot better Dave thumbsup01 now you can see the motto , thats a great variety of the GW's too. a very memorable year your having my friend with more than two months away before the end of the year i can't wait to see what you find next :clapping: :clapping:, congrats again.

Dan

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-23-2010, 08:22 PM
looks alot better Dave thumbsup01 now you can see the motto , thats a great variety of the GW's too. a very memorable year your having my friend with more than two months away before the end of the year i can't wait to see what you find next :clapping: :clapping:, congrats again.

Dan

thanks man for the advice.i think that's about as good as it's gonna get.
i didn't know the lettering was incused.what a sight to see it emerge from the fizzing peroxide and see that legend :yes: around the edge

coinnut
10-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Nice Score Dave!! :clapping: A variety I don't see very often. It says MARCH THE FOURTH 1789 MEMORABLE ERA Sweet #2 thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-23-2010, 09:12 PM
Nice Score Dave!! :clapping: A variety I don't see very often. It says MARCH THE FOURTH 1789 MEMORABLE ERA Sweet #2 thumbsup01

thanks G! i hear you did well today too!

angellionel
10-23-2010, 10:37 PM
That is an excellent find, Dave! Congrats! thumbsup01

Cheap Thrills
10-23-2010, 11:48 PM
Wow, that hot peroxide works pretty good ! How long did you leave it in and did you have to brush or rub it ?

zrickkid
10-24-2010, 01:28 AM
Great find. As a George Washington collector im very envious :envious:. One day. Keep up the good work.

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-24-2010, 05:27 AM
Wow, that hot peroxide works pretty good ! How long did you leave it in and did you have to brush or rub it ?

i left it in about 2 mins and used a soft toothbrush on it

catskillcomics
10-24-2010, 10:55 AM
Great Job on finding ANOTHER GW!!!! Dan, George & I were just talking about what a great year you're having... but you're right, That GW is pretty toasted, so much so, I think it soils your collection and you should mail to it me immediately rofl ;)

randy
10-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Nice one thumbsup01 Don't you think you should hide one of them back in the dirt to give someone else a chance :poke: lol

sniffy
10-24-2010, 01:24 PM
:drool: :twirlingeyes: Nice JOB! thumbsup01

coinnut
10-24-2010, 06:48 PM
but you're right, That GW is pretty toasted, so much so, I think it soils your collection and you should mail to it me immediately rofl ;)

Nice one thumbsup01 Don't you think you should hide one of them back in the dirt to give someone else a chance :poke: lol

Then it's settled....Dave has to give away his GW rofl

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-24-2010, 09:23 PM
Then it's settled....Dave has to give away his GW rofl

gee i must have my own public relations speaker now. :confused:

rofl lol rofl lol rofl lol rofl lol rofl lol

wait a second.... :eyebrow: YOU GOT 4 OF EM :poke: :poke:

i think you should go bury one back :bop: :beatdown:

coinnut
10-24-2010, 09:26 PM
gee i must have my own public relations speaker now. :confused:

rofl lol rofl lol rofl lol rofl lol rofl lol
wait a second.... :eyebrow: YOU GOT 4 OF EM :poke: :poke: :poke:
i think you should go bury one back :bop: :beatdown:

Looks like Dave has to give up both GW's now :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :bop: lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Looks like Dave has to give up both GW's now :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :bop: lol

are you sipping on the silly suds again? :shocked01: :dontknow: :thinkingabout: :embarrassed: :beerbuddy:

RobW
10-25-2010, 10:13 AM
That's SWEET! Meaning the find not all ya'll relationships there...strange things must happen in those woods lol

sjv
10-26-2010, 07:38 AM
lol Nice piece of history! Does anyone know which ones are actual Inaugural buttons and which ones are Commemoratives?

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-26-2010, 08:52 PM
lol Nice piece of history! Does anyone know which ones are actual Inaugural buttons and which ones are Commemoratives?

thanks Sal,good question? i'm sure either Dan or George can answer this question :thinkingabout:

del
10-27-2010, 02:46 AM
thanks Sal,good question? i'm sure either Dan or George can answer this question :thinkingabout:

why yes , yes i can

you should stop buying so many coins Sal and start buying some books and you'll know the answers to all the questions :thinkingabout: ;)

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-27-2010, 05:38 AM
why yes , yes i can

you should stop buying so many coins Sal and start buying some books and you'll know the answers to all the questions :thinkingabout: ;)

WOW SAL! :shocked04: i guess he just slapped a big handful of nice brown sloppy mud right in your eye!
now this sort of reply i would expect from King George but Dan? :confused:
i think they are rubbin off on eachother seriously :eyebrow:

del
10-27-2010, 06:32 AM
WOW SAL! :shocked04: i guess he just slapped a big handful of nice brown sloppy mud right in your eye!
i think they are rubbin off on eachother seriously :eyebrow:

8/

coinnut
10-27-2010, 07:49 AM

My replies never make it through the language filters lol Maybe we should start slapping some of that mud on good ole Davie boy :thinkingabout: :bop:

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-27-2010, 07:56 AM
My replies never make it through the language filters lol Maybe we should start slapping some of that mud on good ole Davie boy :thinkingabout: :bop:

rofl i have had my share of mud in the ole eyeballs..ya know when your diggin that hole that root snaps and ouch! :blackeye: :eyebrow:

coinnut
10-27-2010, 07:58 AM
rofl i have had my share of mud in the ole eyeballs..ya know when your diggin that hole that root snaps and ouch! :blackeye: :eyebrow:

Happens everytime lol I never learn. :-\

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-27-2010, 02:56 PM
Happens everytime lol I never learn. :-\

yeah right? ya think we'd wanna be just like Dan with the goggles 8)
i got a good excuse though...too many bong hits back in the day :teasing:

del
10-27-2010, 03:08 PM
yeah right? ya think we'd wanna be just like Dan with the goggles 8)
i got a good excuse though...too many bong hits back in the day :teasing:

&quot:grin:ave , tell me it isn't true :confused: you partook in illicit behavior and mind altering drugs 8/ say it isn't so :bangahead01: :bangahead01: i'm so dissapointed you Mister :rolleyes: :behave: :behave:

well George , thats explains alot don't it lol lol lol :teasing: :teasing:

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-28-2010, 06:08 AM
&quot:grin:ave , tell me it isn't true :confused: you partook in illicit behavior and mind altering drugs 8/ say it isn't so :bangahead01: :bangahead01: i'm so dissapointed you Mister :rolleyes: :behave: :behave:

well George , thats explains alot don't it lol lol lol :teasing: :teasing:

George is the one that always brought the bong along! :tongue: :rolleyes:
and Dan i heard about you and those cow pastures and them funky mushrooms growing from those cow pies.
hey G........ Dan always said but i was detecting that field YEAH RIGHT! :thinkingabout:

Diggler
10-28-2010, 06:29 AM
........ Dan always said but i was detecting that field YEAH RIGHT! :thinkingabout:

Good cover.

coinnut
10-28-2010, 09:02 AM
George is the one that always brought the bong along! :tongue: :rolleyes:
and Dan i heard about you and those cow pastures and them funky mushrooms growing from those cow pies.
hey G........ Dan always said but i was detecting that field YEAH RIGHT! :thinkingabout:

You guys need a life. lol Stop dreaming and start hunting :rolleyes: I don't wanna hear a lot of whining when winter is here and you don't have enough coppers rofl

giant056
01-07-2011, 06:07 AM
A BIG congrats on that beauty Dave thumbsup01

Judy
01-07-2011, 09:54 AM
What a beauty of a find!! 'tis on my wish list for the past 6 yrs even tho I highly doubt such a find would be had way up here ....but stranger things have happened :grin:

greg
01-07-2011, 10:15 AM
That's a prized find in my book. Really a nice peice of history you have there.

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-08-2011, 11:24 AM
That's a prized find in my book. Really a nice peice of history you have there.

Thanks Greg! here are both together.dug about 2 months apart

coinnut
01-08-2011, 03:47 PM
They look just as nice the second time around Dave :smitten: Sweet little GW's...come to papa lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-08-2011, 04:35 PM
They look just as nice the second time around Dave :smitten: Sweet little GW's...come to papa lol

papa? better try Grand papa :teasing:

coinnut
01-08-2011, 05:20 PM
papa? better try Grand papa :teasing:

Grand papa? Not until the kids be bad :embarrassed: lol

russellt
01-09-2011, 08:39 PM
awesome .................. :peace: :peace: :peace: