PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin hunt #7

Jason in Enid
10-23-2010, 09:01 PM
I made hunt #6 yesterday, but it was a bummer hunt so I didn't post. Only a few clad coins, no silver, no wheats, no jewelry. I decided I was getting too far away from the hot zone, so I planned on a different spot for today.

Today... Woke up to rain. >:\

After an hour I decided, it wasn't raining THAT hard, so I would hunt anyway. I made my way back to the same park, and tried a spot beside the football field, that looked like a nice, secluded, shady picnic area. Blah, not a single coin, just junk. I was pulling big junk that sounded perfectly like qaurters, halves, etc. If those were there, where was the good stuff?! :mad:

So I moved back to my first area. The place that had been carpeted with clad, and I had pulled 2 silvers and a dozen wheats from. Thankfully, the rain had stopped by now so I dumped the raincoat in the car, and took my walmart bag rain shield off my Sun-Ray control box. I left my walmart bag knee-pad on to keep the mud off my jeans. I'm sure I looked a bit :twirlingeyes: to the passersby. A change from the Pro coil to my Sun-Ray X-8, and I began working the area again from a 90 degree angle to my first hunt. I was really suprised at how much more clad I dug from the area I just gridded a few days ago. I wound up digging a few more wheats and one more silver! :happydance01: Yes, I got the camera when I saw it in the hole. A wonderful little 1947 Rosie in great condition. It was one of those funky signals, and I think it had been on edge which is why I missed it before and why it signaled wierd today. One of the Wheats was the same type of signal. So that's a total of about 15 wheats, 2 silver dimes, and silver pendent / necklace so far.

Sadly, this may have been my last hunt. :crying02: The forecast is for rain for the next week. I guess I will have to play it day by day to see if I can get more hunting in.

Sidenote....
I had a bit of :rolleyes: moment today. While I was ever so slowly working my spot, I looked up and was shocked to see another detectorist! He was about 100 yards away, and it wasn't the same guy I met last time. I looked around, but didn't see a car. Then I watched him hunt. rofl He was swinging his coil in about a 6 foot arc, at about 1 second per swing! And he was WALKING while swinging. He covered at least 300 feet in the time it took me to cover 20-30. I only saw him dig a couple targets. I was shocked he was able to find 2 he was going so fast. After about 10 minutes I saw him swinging his way back to the entrance, and then he turned and walked down the road. Never tried to wave, smile, say hi or anything, just took off. I guess not everyone is out to make friends. I just got a kick out of watching him hunt. I wanted to go give him some advice, but unwarranted advice isn't usually accepted well. :poke:

Thanks for reading my latest diatribe. Pics coming when I get back home!

randy
10-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Congrats on finding some silver. And at least that other guy is leaving stuff for you if you can get out again around the rain.

angellionel
10-23-2010, 09:50 PM
You found silver despite the rain, so that's good. thumbsup01

I too have seen individuals like the one you describe - no smile, not even an acknowledgment of my being there. :huh: And the hunt is done quite fast too. :confused: Too bad, really, but I always say more for me. :cheesysmile:

coinnut
10-24-2010, 08:14 PM
I love to see them cutting the grass for me lol Can't understand why they do it, and they are probably the same guys you buy a used detector from when they quit the hobby. :yes: Usually they think the park or their machine is at fault. Thank God for guys like that rofl Nice getting at least one silver for your hunt!!