PDA

View Full Version : Huntwith Catskillcomics and Del

coinnut
10-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Scott drove out our way and we went a copper hunting lol Dan and I had some sites picked out, but they started out being very stingy. First site I got an Indian and a couple of other relics. It was a new hole to us and was hit fairly hard, so we moved on to an area that had at least 6 or 7 holes. I managed a V nickel and then another Indian. Finally I was able to let out the copper cry Yahooooo. lol Got a Draped Bust from under a rock. Wandered down to another section and got a John C. Fremont token. thought it was a rare Washington token, but NO :crying02: Just a presedential campaign token from 1856. Some buttons, someone's front door lock lol, and other odds and ends, and lots of junk! Had a great time Scott, Aaron couldn't make it this time, but we thought of him for a minute...ok more like 10 seconds lol After all there were relics to be saved. ;)

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-23-2010, 10:13 PM
very nice G! sweet draped bust.what's that W on her face? very cool token!

angellionel
10-23-2010, 10:32 PM
That is an awesome looking copper! :drool: She is beautiful! :smitten: Sweet hunt! I bet you had Scott working hard too. lol

wild willy
10-24-2010, 01:50 AM
very nice hunt george! willy

catskillcomics
10-24-2010, 06:33 AM
It was once again, great fun meeting up with Dan & George.. two all around good guys, Ok, maybe not George rofl
I certainly was struggling trying to find targets, but I do enjoy cellar hunting, I found a few things here and there, but the last hour I found probably my best finds.
I found 6 buttons all together, 2 were pewter, 1 is a civil war cuff button (which George did a great job cleaning it up for me) a large colonial button, and finally landed a 1847 Large Cent.
Once I get the colonial button & Large cent cleaned up, I'll repost those

Thanks again guys.. I'm wishing I lived closer to do that more often with you guys.. but I will come out again when you want , Mickey D's will be on me next time :beerbuddy:

catskillcomics
10-24-2010, 08:55 AM
Here's my cleaned up version of the LC

del
10-24-2010, 11:53 AM
yes you couldn't of asked for better weather to detect in as it was a perfect fall day here in Connecticut.the finds were tough and you had to work hard for them because no site gave up to much , they were all very stingey .great coppers George the draped came out better than you ex pected huh :thinkingabout: and is an early one too thumbsup01 the campaign medal is very cool but i;ve never heard of him so i take it he never made the big league lol rofl . congrats on the finds buddy :clapping: .George was lucky Scott found that coin as we were seriously thinking of ways to dispose of a body and dividing up the loot if he found one more coin. :bop: :behave: :hammer: lol rofl rofl Scott is alot of fun to detect with he has a great sense of humor and we enjoyed alot of laughs and i thought i even saw what looked like a victory celebration dance <: when he found that large cent lol lol . i was a very long day (i'm still sore) but you finish up very strong , congrats on the large cent and cuff button and thanks for comming out with us to relic hunt.

Dan

randy
10-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Fantastic hunt guys :clapping: That V nickel and draped bust LC are beautiful :smitten:

sniffy
10-24-2010, 01:17 PM
WOW, you guys really found some nice stuff! :cheering:

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Here's my cleaned up version of the LC

very nice finds! them 2 guys are alright! always nice to bump elbows and catch ticks with those 2 :cheesysmile:

catskillcomics
10-24-2010, 06:04 PM
Here's the cleaned up colonial button.. came out OK, thanks again to George for the cleaning advice (regardless what Dan says) rofl

del
10-24-2010, 06:13 PM
that Dandy button came out nice thumbsup01

thanks again to George for the cleaning advice (regardless what Dan says) rofl

Scott if i didn't see him clean that button with my own two eyes , i would of sworn his wife did such a good job on it . lol rofl hey i gave ya a coin in that display to hone up on your reseaching skills , you should be able to get a variety on which kind it is ( i'm pretty confident theres enough detail on it ) i never got around on looking it up it was going to be a winter project of mine . good luck and let us know when you figured it out . :thinkingabout:

coinnut
10-24-2010, 06:30 PM
very nice G! sweet draped bust.what's that W on her face? very cool token!

That W is what I call colonial grafitti :ticked: Must have been real paranoid with his cash or just bored. Either way he ruined my Draped Bust lol

very nice hunt george! willy

WOW, you guys really found some nice stuff! :cheering:

Thanks guys, we worked our tails off :blackeye:

Fantastic hunt guys :clapping: That V nickel and draped bust LC are beautiful :smitten:

Thanks Randy, the Draped Bust looked very pitted, but cleaned up better than I tought it would. The V turned out real nice. The soil there is sorta kind to most targets.

That is an awesome looking copper! :drool: She is beautiful! :smitten: Sweet hunt! I bet you had Scott working hard too. lol

We definitely had Scott working hard rofl We all felt the pains of marching through the woods, swinging a machine all day long :stretcher: We were out there a long, long time 8/

great coppers George the draped came out better than you ex pected huh :thinkingabout: .George was lucky Scott found that coin as we were seriously thinking of ways to dispose of a body and dividing up the loot if he found one more coin.

Yep the Draped was a nice surprise. And I had to hold back my ET , so that I could live another day rofl I may have to plant some coins for you DFX'ers next time ;)

coinnut
10-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Here's the cleaned up colonial button.. came out OK, thanks again to George for the cleaning advice (regardless what Dan says) rofl

that Dandy button came out nice thumbsup01
Scott if i didn't see him clean that button with my own two eyes , i would of sworn his wife did such a good job on it . lol
Thanks Scott for the kind words!! And you Dan....well let's just say I will be charging you to clean your finds from now on lol

hockeyguy
10-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Very nice guys, wish i could've made it. :beerbuddy: I had a dinner to goto with my wife's work....what a bunch! Anyway, I hope to make it next trip. Those LC's are really, really nice..What a draped bust too! :peace: :clapping: :cheering: Sounds like it was well worth the time spent!

So I got a 10 second mention huh? Better than a moment of silence...... :crazy:

coinnut
10-24-2010, 09:24 PM
So I got a 10 second mention huh? Better than a moment of silence...... :crazy:

rofl Yeah, we were only gonna give you seven seconds, but we felt bad, so you got ten ;) After all we only had about 12 hours of hunting time :cheesysmile:

zrickkid
10-24-2010, 09:34 PM
Very cool finds. You guys have it so great out east!

Epi-hunter
10-25-2010, 09:27 AM
Very cool finds as usual! :happydance01:

Too bad about that 'colonial graffiti' :crying02:

RobW
10-25-2010, 10:18 AM
Thems some great finds.....kinda jealous..no very jealous...you jinxed me for the weeked lol You can read all about it when I have time to clean up some of the stuff I found. But you guys had some great finds, love that large cent...even with a W on it...oh wait, that one was meant for me...see I already had my initials on it! lol

coinnut
10-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Very cool finds. You guys have it so great out east!

Thanks, we pay dearly for it the next morning lol

Very cool finds as usual! :happydance01:

Too bad about that 'colonial graffiti' :crying02:

Thanks Angie, I guess the carved W puts a personal touch to it. Since I don't sell any of my finds, I don't really care about the lost value.

Thems some great finds.....kinda jealous..no very jealous...you jinxed me for the weeked lol You can read all about it when I have time to clean up some of the stuff I found. But you guys had some great finds, love that large cent...even with a W on it...oh wait, that one was meant for me...see I already had my initials on it! lol

Rob, what are we gonna do with you :confused: You get a great spot and jinx yourself lol Now had the Draped Bust had a R on it, I may have given it back to you, along with one of these :bop: for carving it in the first place lol

milco
10-26-2010, 07:27 AM
Great hunt all the way around guys!

zrickkid
10-26-2010, 09:58 PM
That V-nickel is super sweet!

sjv
10-28-2010, 07:55 AM
Yea I agree, the V nickel looks nice. The 1798 LC could be in worse condition. Who cares about the W, A coins a coin. How long was your hunt? I usually find blank early bust large cents or ones that have very little detail.
I got a blank just last week, Either draped bust or a KG copper. Hope to get out with dan tomarrow for a few hours. It's been a long time. The Predator Little Eagle is an awesome shovel. Very light and makes digging alot easier. Can't wait to try it in the woods.
Good going guys! :yes:

coinnut
10-28-2010, 08:59 AM
How long was your hunt?

lol I think it was about 12 hours, but I lost count. :confused: I know it was from sunrise to sunset.