PDA

View Full Version : TOASTED Colonial Copper

sniffy
10-24-2010, 01:25 PM
Was in the woods before daylight today with my handy dandy headlamp. I hiked a good 40 minutes before I finnaly reached my destination....I finnaly found the cellar hole after passing it and returning back down the road. This cellar hole was very small and caved in....easy to pass up. I didnt' have much time so I tried to scan as much area as possible in the shortest amount of time. I probally skipped alot of targets...but I'll return with more time. Heres a crispy (KG II or CT copper) I recognized the Left Bust at first, but it disapeared while I cleaned it. Another scrappy for the box. I surpassed my copper goal this year by 100%...so Im doin good in that dept. I guess. I also found this button, thimble, and A N O T H E R two tined fork with bone inlay. Thanks for lookin everybody!

del
10-24-2010, 06:15 PM
whats with you and forks Jesse :confused: i think i've got one in almost ten years :dontknow:. how many coppers are you up to now ??

coinnut
10-24-2010, 06:42 PM
Hey Jesse, Nice score on finding that cellar hole. They move around sometimes lol :thinkingabout: At least you scored a copper and some other good finds. If you keep on finding forks, you may get enough for a full place setting :cheesysmile: A nice time of the year to be detecting :)

sniffy
10-24-2010, 07:35 PM
whats with you and forks Jesse :confused: i think i've got one in almost ten years :dontknow:. how many coppers are you up to now ??
I don't know, I find one fork....and then they just start pourin. This makes 29. I set a goal of 15 for this year...

sniffy
10-24-2010, 07:42 PM
Hey Jesse, Nice score on finding that cellar hole. They move around sometimes lol :thinkingabout: At least you scored a copper and some other good finds. If you keep on finding forks, you may get enough for a full place setting :cheesysmile: A nice time of the year to be detecting :)
This cellar hole had eyes to, A big ole crow came swoopin down and about scared me outta my knickers. :shocked04: Maybe if I collect enough flatware and pewter spoons, I'll invite the amercian forum guys over and have some copper crackers and musket ball soup. lol

coinnut
10-24-2010, 07:49 PM
This cellar hole had eyes to, A big ole crow came swoopin down and about scared me outta my knickers. :shocked04: Maybe if I collect enough flatware and pewter spoons, I'll invite the amercian forum guys over and have some copper crackers and musket ball soup. lol

lol Just in time for Halloween. Lucky that Crow didn't get ya. Or was it a Raven :shocked04: That meal sounds delicious. Count me in :clapping:

zrickkid
10-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Still a cool find.