PDA

View Full Version : WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS

1147SILVER
10-24-2010, 06:59 PM
I have some good sites willing to trade some good sites for some lessons on the ETRAC
my name is steve and im new to metal detecting

thanks steve

coinnut
10-24-2010, 07:21 PM
I have some good sites willing to trade some good sites for some lessons on the ETRAC
my name is steve and im new to metal detecting

thanks steve

Welcome aboard. Another ET 'er :shocked04: And in my neighborhood lol I can give you some pointers if you need them. Being new to metal detecting and a high tech machine can seem overwelming at times. But after a while, you will be a pro at it lol Nice to have you.

Epi-hunter
10-25-2010, 09:38 AM
Welcome aboard! Glad to have you thumbsup01

RobW
10-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Hey another Western Masser....Welcome aboard from Westfield, MA. I too have an E-Trac. If you ever want to get together to hunt sometime, just drop me a PM. I'm still learning this E-trac out too. Been using White's and Mostly Garretts for many years.

RobW
10-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Welcome aboard. Another ET 'er :shocked04: And in my neighborhood lol I can give you some pointers if you need them. Being new to metal detecting and a high tech machine can seem overwelming at times. But after a while, you will be a pro at it lol Nice to have you.

Ya know that's not all bad, he doesn't have to unlearn another machine. That's what gets me sometimes, is how I detected with another machine....very different with an e-trac. :yes:

Zooman
06-08-2011, 09:24 PM
Hello all, yes a newbie also. Slowly getting the hang of it ( I think. ) I would love to hear of any good places here in Westfield ,Ma or if anyone would mind a tag a long . I presently am using a Whites MXT Pro.and I try to get out and practice as often as I can.

coinnut
06-20-2011, 08:01 PM
Hey Zooman, most of the good stuff in Westfield has already been plundered by a gang of detectorists we have on this forum lol I would try and hit some private houses to see what turns up. That way you can practice and still maybe find a site not hit too hard. Most of us do our own research to get them nice finds. I would make friends with your neighbors and maybe even the librarian :yes: Word of mouth always gets you some nice sites to do. Welcome aboard. :clapping:

RobW
06-29-2011, 09:08 AM
Gang? Yeah we look kinda mean Leches stapped on one side, pointers on another, carrying big shovels :beatdown:...we think Westfield is pretty tapped out >:tongue: and have been trying our luck in other jurisdictions. Private property when we can. As I said in my PM to Zooman...drop me a PM and we can meet up sometime :yes:

anotherpulltap
10-14-2011, 02:19 PM
:poke: I hunt Forest Park. It's pretty gone through by other but I still pull good stuff out of there. Let me know if you're up for it.

BOWSER
10-14-2011, 07:05 PM
i don't know where i was but i been to indian ranch, hopington and Lee ma.,never with a detector. If thats anywhere near western ma. then i don't feel so bad.ps .i was sober at the time too.

Sal66
10-21-2011, 07:00 AM
Hey welcome to the Forum. I think you will feel at home here. There's alot of experienced Detectorists to help you out. I always owned a White's XLT and found alot of great finds at the 2 to 9 depth. I found a 3center silver 8 inches down once. Some like simple like me and some like the advanced models. I can't speak about the other detectorists, but I know coinnut and he has alot of experience with the E-trac. He works hard at finding the good stuff also. He's the only person I've gone with besides myself who will get into a cellar hole and dig it all out practically and find some good things. Amother way to find some good spots is to talk with the old-timers from your town. I was doing a field and this older man ( 80's maybe) stopped and gave me alot of info. about the field and told me where the barns were and the house. It worked out ok as I found a Bust LG. Cent 1796 where the house he said use to be. Or visit the Senior Center. They love to talk about the old swimming holes etc....
I hope things go well with the Etrac and hope to see some of your finds in the future . thumbsup01

kelpike
07-17-2012, 06:12 PM
I'm new to this forum. I've been a member of another forum for some time, not sure if it's ok to name names. Anyway, I live in Agawam and would be interested in meeting up with other detectorists from this area. I recently met another detectorist from this area and he is also interested in meeting other detectorists.

spectra1
02-14-2013, 09:30 PM
I go to westfield for c& s all the time email me. Git alot of places.

1147SILVER
02-14-2013, 10:32 PM
Welcome aboard I'm from Palmer I would be up to finding some silver with ya
What do u use for a machine? Send me a message back
Steve ::usaflag::

spectra1
02-15-2013, 04:32 AM
My metal detecting bio:
Statrted whwn i was atationed at Ft Campbell Ky. My wife and i lived on FT Donelson. Got a cheap boumty hunter and dug cw stuff. My father always talked about tresure hunting so betweem my love of military history and that it was a natural draw to me. Years passed kids happened job took over. Finally got a better whites dfx. Humted my home state Md and Pa.....cival war. It never occured to me to dig coins or colonial or jewelry..... until I STATRTED TO FIND SOME.......times got busy got into gold prospecting..... in the closet whent the dfx.....got it out one day fell in a river and it was toast....started getting the itch again when i moved to keene nh for work.......now im using a v3i.....love it bought my wife an at pro....after finding some high dollars jewelry.... so when we vacation in the south i can dig water and land. :detecting: will probably get an ctx 3030 or etrac soon as well. But i am waiting till april to see if i win one at a metal detecting event here in nh....its 4 days long 3 natural hunts and a planted hunt....a one day show......i am leading the whites istruction group.....theres a dinner too. My cell is 8608106655. My name is joe.