PDA

View Full Version : WI #8 hunt, aka why did I ever leave?

Jason in Enid
10-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Thankfully the weather-liars were wrong! They had forecasted thunderstorms all day, but all it did was drizzle off and on a few times.

So, once again I set out to make the most of the day by hunting for treasure! I had been hunting the same small spot ever day so far, so I decided I would try some other spots. My research had shown me many other spots, all over 100 years that could be great spots. I spent about 3 hours at the first, and found 4 nails a memorial and clad dime. :angry:

I went to a second spot and spent an hour and a half and found a grand total of nothing! :ticked: again.

Now I was frustrated so I went to a 1800's park in another town a short distance away. A couple hours and all I got were pull-tab pieces, 1 nickel and one clad quarter. these were the only non-junk signals I had. So now I'm bummed. All these great spot had bubkis. I guess everyone else has hit these same great spots just like I did. Felt like I was :beatdeadhorse:

I don't know if I will get to detect any more (weathermen, you know) so I didn't want to waste daylight. I went back to the same spot I have been hunting everyday. I picked up my 90 degree cross search where I left off at dark yesterday, and immediately began finding memorials, nickels, dimes, quarters and 2 more wheats. I also found a really nice, large womens sterling ring covered in a floral pattern. :peace:

It was both a :bangahead01: and a :happydance01: hunt. After so much driving and fruitless hunting, I go back and pull my 4th silver from this swimming pool spot. I guess if I can hunt for my last 2 hours of daylight tomorrow I will be back here, continuing my gridding.

Thanks for reading! Pics coming, I promise!

coinnut
10-24-2010, 08:18 PM
Can't wait to see the cross :shocked04: Sounds like it's really nice. Don't worry about the dud parks. If you didn't try them, you would have wondered if you should have hit them. Now you know that they are tough parks and you can enjoy your last hunt at your favorite spot!! :happydance01:

angellionel
10-24-2010, 08:34 PM
Yep, try a park, and if dry, cross it off the list. lol Looking forward to the photos. thumbsup01

zrickkid
10-24-2010, 09:27 PM
I agree with Angel on this one!