PDA

View Full Version : 26 Silver Coins + Copper

angellionel
10-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Today I took a shorter drive than the one I made yesterday, opting to work a somewhat trashy park in the hopes of picking up some silver. I remained there for most of the day, even during a brief late afternoon shower. :crazy: I knew I was at a good spot when I had dug up six silver coins during the first two hours. :drool: This one turned out to be another very successful hunt, as I ended up leaving the park with 26 silver coins and a large cent. :happydance01:

The 26 silver coins - one Walker, ten quarters, eleven mercury dimes, and four Roosevelt dimes.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/October/26silvercoins_102410.jpg

All are Washington quarters, dated 1936, 1938, 1939, 1944, 1944, 1947-D, 1952, 1957, 1957-D, and 1964.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/October/silverquarters_102410.jpg

The dimes are dated 1919, 1926, 1926, 1937, 1940-S, 1942, 1943, 1943, 1944, 1944, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1947, and 1961-D.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/October/silverdimes_102410.jpg

The large cent is dated 1841. It's corroded, but I'll take it.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/October/1841largecent_102410.jpg

This heads or tails coin is not marked, but it looks, feels, and sounds like silver. It's just slightly larger than a quarter.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/October/headstailtossingcoin_102410.jpg

The rest of the finds, a New York World's Fair token and an unknown item.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/October/1940nyworldsfairtoken_102410.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/October/unknown_102410.jpg

HH!

zrickkid
10-24-2010, 09:30 PM
Nice job as always!

Jason in Enid
10-24-2010, 09:37 PM
I am speachless Angel. That is an insane silver hunt. I don't think a hurricane would move me from that park.

jkress
10-24-2010, 09:55 PM
:shocked04: :shocked04: :clapping:

Great hunt Angel. It's amazing what you pull from parks.

That is a great bunch of coinage.

I have yet to pull silver this year from our 'hunted out' park. I've tried several times, but the best I come up with are deep wheats. I am 5 silver coins away from my adjusted goal of 75 this year. Once I hit 75, I'm going to focus on pulling a silver from that park.

I have to admit... I thought once I bought the Minelab, silver would be every where at the park. :rolleyes: I quickly learned it takes time to learn the machine.

Congrats on a great hunt, it was worth getting a little wet.

Epi-hunter
10-24-2010, 10:04 PM

I have yet to pull silver this year from our 'hunted out' park. I've tried several times, but the best I come up with are deep wheats. I am 5 silver coins away from my adjusted goal of 75 this year. Once I hit 75, I'm going to focus on pulling a silver from that park.

I have to admit... I thought once I bought the Minelab, silver would be every where at the park. :rolleyes: I quickly learned it takes time to learn the machine.

I just have to say this.

If you are pulling deep wheats, then if the silver was there, you would find it.

The thing that Angel does well is that he pulls silver from trashy areas, that other detectors could not even deal with. He does fantastic at it and he has mastered it. But it is separate from finding DEEP targets (although he is fantastic at that as well)!!!

I believe that if the deep silver is there, you would find it -- given you are finding the wheats. Don't beat yourself up.

Epi-hunter
10-24-2010, 10:14 PM
That is an incredible haul. :)

You did amazing, as usual. I wish that you could produce a video.

dave in iowa
10-24-2010, 10:30 PM
wow , what a day/

RobW
10-25-2010, 08:22 AM
You never cease to amaze me!!! :shocked04:

catskillcomics
10-25-2010, 08:35 AM
Great Hunt Angel! I found that same coin on ebay, which is a bit better condition, I can't seem to read the wording on it, but if you look at the one image, in the background seems to be australia ... (or not)

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIG-COIN-HEADS-N-TAILS-UNUSUAL-/370448775752

Diggler
10-25-2010, 09:49 AM

Yah someone follow Angel around for a day...

Very nice!

angellionel
10-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the kind comments everyone. :yes:

I am speachless Angel. That is an insane silver hunt. I don't think a hurricane would move me from that park.

The steady rain lasted for about 25 to 30 minutes, but I just placed my small towel over the display and probe housing and kept on detecting. lol The only problem now was dealing with the resulting muddy soil when cutting a plug and digging a hole, which cakes the gloves and digging trowel. :shocked01: I had mud all over my clothes by the time I had to leave. :twirlingeyes:

Thanks, Joe!

As Angie mentioned, if you are finding the deep wheat cents, then the deep silver would likely also be within range, but you can't find what is not there. :thinkingabout: It may be that the site has been cherry picked, though I have to believe that there is plenty of silver left at that park, but just spread out. :grin: That's when gridding sections pays off. thumbsup01

You mean divert time away from my preferred goal, finding silver, to film? :confused: Not gonna happen! :confused: lol :happydance01:

Thanks, Angie. :) I wish you had been able to detect at that location. You would have done extremely well. :smitten:

Great Hunt Angel! I found that same coin on ebay, which is a bit better condition, I can't seem to read the wording on it, but if you look at the one image, in the background seems to be australia ... (or not)

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIG-COIN-HEADS-N-TAILS-UNUSUAL-/370448775752

Thanks, Scott! I can barely see some very worn lettering along the edge on the reverse of the coin. It's a neat find. :yes:

Cheap Thrills
10-25-2010, 12:25 PM
You mean divert time away from my preferred goal, finding silver, to film? :confused: Not gonna happen! :confused: lol :happydance01:

That would be like Jack Nicholson giving up films to do a Crest toothpaste commercial . :shocked04:

I enjoy seeing the pictures of the vast multitudes of coins you find and your detecting hints that you print out have been a great help to me in these heavily hunted areas I hunt (thanks) . :) I'm finding enough stuff to give me the assurance that when I do find a good spot I will do quite well but I presently am not finding enough to post on this forum of heavy hitters .
Twenty-six silver coins in one hunt is just amazing for these times , even finding a location were you could find that many is amazing . It's nice to see the 30's and 40's Washington quarters in your post, in my career 50's and 60's have been the overwhelming majority and getting one of those earlier ones has been a real big thrill . 8)

As always a great hunting , pics and story . thumbsup01 thumbsup01

del
10-25-2010, 02:32 PM
:shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04:stretcher: :shocked04: :shocked04: (.....sigh.... ) i regress crying01

coinnut
10-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Sweet hunt :clapping: I'm almost itchen to hit one myself......So I can clean out the clad for guys like you lol Another nice silver day. Trash really has hidden lots from the older machines. Just the sheer number of larger silver proves the masking ability of trash. Great job!!

Jason in Enid
10-25-2010, 07:23 PM
How about if I pay someone to follow you with a camera? gotta pull the headphones cable so we can here the signal before you dig though. :yes:

Diggler
10-25-2010, 07:48 PM
How about if I pay someone to follow you with a camera? gotta pull the headphones cable so we can here the signal before you dig though. :yes:

I would donate to that cause... :twirlingeyes:

Exploreruser
10-25-2010, 11:49 PM
Thats an awesome amount of coins & tokens.. :yes: Seeing those piles of silver coins makes me want to get out & detect., Thank you for being sunch an inspiration..

milco
10-26-2010, 07:23 AM
Excellent hunt again! Are those iron stains on many of the coins? Just amazing hunting!

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-26-2010, 10:55 AM
C'MON 1,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance01:

angellionel
10-26-2010, 11:23 PM

That would be like Jack Nicholson giving up films to do a Crest toothpaste commercial . :shocked04:

I enjoy seeing the pictures of the vast multitudes of coins you find and your detecting hints that you print out have been a great help to me in these heavily hunted areas I hunt (thanks) . :) I'm finding enough stuff to give me the assurance that when I do find a good spot I will do quite well but I presently am not finding enough to post on this forum of heavy hitters .
Twenty-six silver coins in one hunt is just amazing for these times , even finding a location were you could find that many is amazing . It's nice to see the 30's and 40's Washington quarters in your post, in my career 50's and 60's have been the overwhelming majority and getting one of those earlier ones has been a real big thrill . 8)

As always a great hunting , pics and story . thumbsup01 thumbsup01

Thanks Sheik! thumbsup01 It really was nice seeing some of the earlier Washington quarters. Most of the ones I have been finding have been dated in the 40's and 50's. :yes:

Sweet hunt :clapping: I'm almost itchen to hit one myself......So I can clean out the clad for guys like you lol Another nice silver day. Trash really has hidden lots from the older machines. Just the sheer number of larger silver proves the masking ability of trash. Great job!!

Except for several of the mercury dimes, most of the coins were within the eight inch mark. The challenge has been the trash, but there is silver under that layer of aluminum screw caps, rusted crown caps, and other pieces of metal. :grin:

I would donate to that cause... :twirlingeyes:

I may have to rethink my not videotaping some of my hunts. lol

Thats an awesome amount of coins & tokens.. :yes: Seeing those piles of silver coins makes me want to get out & detect., Thank you for being sunch an inspiration..

It makes me want to go detecting too. :smitten: I'm looking forward to this weekend, though it will be different sites I will be hitting. :yes:

Excellent hunt again! Are those iron stains on many of the coins? Just amazing hunting!

They are. :yes:

You and Angie have been calling it for months! lol The two of you may be right. :shocked04:

SeabeeRon
10-28-2010, 12:51 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth Dave!!! :peace: :clapping: :beerbuddy: