PDA

View Full Version : Double Silver Day!

Bell-Two
10-25-2010, 07:43 AM
Diane and I got back from Church today had some lunch and then decided to go out and do a little hunting. We went to an old park that I had not been to with the E-Trac so I was hoping to find some goodies. We had not been there too long when I heard Diane say I think I found something she came walking over to me and said as she handed me her find It may be a token or a Canadian coin. Well it was more than that for on just her fourth hunt she broke into the silver club not with a Rosey or even a Merc but she did it up right with a 1908 Barber Dime! Diane has been using my old Ace 250 and doing a great job with it. When I told her what it was she just broke out in a big grin, and how that girl can smile! So being the clever detector that I am, I decide to go over in the area she had been hunting I was quickly rewarded with a wheatie, nice and green turned out to be a 1919 S. About 10 feet from that I got a good signal that first read 08-46 then as I turned a bit it got more solid 06-47 and I dug what was a beautiful 1912 D Barber Half! I finished up with three wheaties 1944, 1920, 1919-S and the half Diane had the dime and we both had a great time. I had been told before by some old timers that this park was hunted outwell it may have been hunted out but not by an E-Trac I guess or even an Ace 250!

Hunting With Bell-Two #21 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD4vXLybQic#ws)

angellionel
10-25-2010, 11:40 AM
Beautiful Barber coins! The half dollar is in very nice condition. It had to look awesome popping out of the ground. thumbsup01

coinnut
10-25-2010, 05:45 PM
Beautiful couple of Barbers :clapping: And congrats to Diane for her first silver to be an old one :beerbuddy: Nice little hunt and well worth the time spent! Congrats again thumbsup01

Bell-Two
10-25-2010, 06:11 PM
Beautiful Barber coins! The half dollar is in very nice condition. It had to look awesome popping out of the ground. thumbsup01

Thanks Angel, yes it was my hands were shaking a bit, I have dug one other Silver half a 1940 Walking Liberty half and I was excited then but I knew when I saw this it was even better, I was sure it was a Barber even before I washed it off...what a great feeling it was a couple of weeks ago that I got my first Barber a 1911-D Dime so this was a shock to me.

Jason in Enid
10-25-2010, 07:30 PM
That's an awesome Barber half!! I would have been shaking too.

Epi-hunter
10-25-2010, 07:49 PM
Wow!!! :happydance01: Congrats to your wife pulling that beauty with an ACE250 (a great detector by the way) in a hunted out park! Her first silver too!!!

And that silver half is absolutely beautiful! Huge congratulations to you!!! There is more in that park :cheering:

jkress
10-26-2010, 07:57 PM
Very, very nice B-T

Last year and most of this year I hunted with an Ace 250 and did very well. I even pulled a Merc, '44 Washington and a Buffalo from our 'hunted out' park. The 250 is a very capable machine. Sadly, I haven't been able to pull a silver from the same park this year with my Explorer SE. :confused: Either I just got lucky with my 250 or those were the last oldies in the park..... I think I just got lucky.

Anyway, congrats to you and Diane. The Barber half is gorgeous.

By the way.... she does have a beautiful smile. :yes:

By the way x 2... awesome video!

milco
11-15-2010, 11:43 PM
Excellent job on that hunt, congrats on that beautiful half!