PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's hunt with Del and Keith

coinnut
11-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Went on a journey for some coppers, but it was not to be :crying02: But we had great weather, and did get some leads on some other possible places. Hunted these sites hard but was only able to save a couple of good relics. On the way home I stopped at a house to get my clad fill, since I didn't find any in the woods. My best find is probably the watch winder in the shape of a pistol. The large cloak was nice, and with that design I was hoping for a GW. Next time. HH

marchas45
11-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Some nice finds there coinnut love the pistol key. thumbsup01

angellionel
11-21-2009, 08:37 PM
Nice assortment of relics, and that little pistol is cool. Yep, the weather was pleasant today, definitely great for going out detecting. :cheesysmile:

Dave
11-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Nice digs!

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-21-2009, 08:57 PM
cool finds G! love that little pistol winder! nice cloaker too!
tomorrow is the day i tie you guys! thumbsup01 new holes in another town tomorrow! :tongue:
how did dan do?

Epi-hunter
11-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Great finds... I love the little pistol!

coinnut
11-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Dave, None of us did real good today. I'll let Dan post his marvels lol Good luck at the 1809 home.

del
11-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Dave the finds are really not worth posting lol :crying02: lol just a few flat buttons and a suspender buckle , the highlight of the day was getting some intel on possible new sites . its been awhile since we both got skunked in the coin department . but it was a picture pefect day weatherwise and we got our exercise today but i'm sure we were in more than 1 hunters sites today , they were everywhere out in those woods in there tree stands. these two loco's :twirlingeyes: i was with really ought to wear some bright florescent orange before they get a deer slug in the @$$ :grin:

Dan

coinnut
11-21-2009, 09:34 PM
these two loco's :twirlingeyes: i was with really ought to wear some bright florescent orange before they get a deer slug in the @$$ :grin:

Dan

I never worry about deer slugs. I can get them out with my machine - it seems to find them quite easily lol And I had my Orange Mikey shirt on today! :tongue:

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-21-2009, 10:09 PM
lol you guys are funny! i bought a orange hunting vest.reversible to camo:usaflag:e if need be.$25 at K-FART thumbsup01

Snowy
11-21-2009, 10:28 PM
oooh... I'd be hoping for a GW, too! :shocked04: Some day I might hit the lottery and get so lucky!
Nice diggin's, BTW...

OkieDigger
11-21-2009, 10:38 PM
Nice digs coinnut! I never cared much for old buttons until I dug some in Ohio a couple of years back. It's pretty fun to dig them.

MNDigger
11-22-2009, 08:22 AM
Sounds like you guys had a great day out despite the lack of coins! Love the buttons and especially the old gun key thingy!

del
11-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Steve we always have a great time just being out , have a few laughs , always some good conversations driving or walking on the way or back from sites . with George having an e-trac and me with a dfx we compare alot of targets and info out in the field and the good amount of razz-ing each other makes us fierce competetors for bragging rights but its all just good fun. :grin: