PDA

View Full Version : First Silvers with the E-trac

catskillcomics
10-25-2010, 05:11 PM
I had been going to a couple of the local parks to learn the e-trac, needless to say it was just not working for me.. I was getting frustrated, not knowing what to dig , not knowing what tones to listening for, or what numbers on fe-co I should be watching for. :dontknow:
I think I was becoming overwhelmed with information. So, after an hour of hunting in the park, I was going to give it up. Then thought maybe if I could find a place with some clad and little trash, I could focus a little better. So I called my buddy up and asked if I could hunt his property.
I had done this house a couple times with the DFX, but the High EMI was making the hunt nearly useless..
Anyways, off I go, I decided to just work the front yard, and it wasn't long I found myself in the zone, my pinpointing improved dramatically, and I was starting to get the hang of it.
All in all, after a couple hours at my friends house I ended up with a little clad, a couple wheaties, 1943 Merc & a SLQ!! :happydance01:
If this is any indication of my ability to learn this machine.. I am going to be a happy camper.

coinnut
10-25-2010, 05:21 PM
Oh boy, you've been bitten by the silver bug rofl I'm glad your pinpointing has improved (actually your buddy is probably really happy you can pinpoint now lol). Nice SLQ and Mercury :clapping: You will get it. Just gotta treat it as a completely different machine and to quote what has been said many times before, Learn it's language Once that happens, you will start pulling lots of targets from trash. Congrats on them finds and very smart to go some place you can relax and learn.

kenfen
10-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Very nice way to learn the new machine! That's a great idea!

Regards, Ken

milco
10-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Very nice finds, you'll get the hang of that machine sooner than later I am willing to bet!

Jason in Enid
10-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Congrats on breaking the silver barrier! :peace: See, it's not as hard as you thought it would be. Now that the first ones are in, more will come.

If you want to play with response numbers, test coins in your house. Turn the sens to manual at about 10. Then put the headphones on and wave coins back and forth of the coil. Spend hours doing it. Different speeds, different distances, multiple coins, coins and nails. Just listen to the tones. You will learn the machine in no time.

CyberSage
10-25-2010, 08:48 PM
That's great! Glad the machine is starting to click for you. Now please send those Silver coins into Angel. (Forum Dues for E-Trac users.) You are aware of this tradition here on AD aren't you? You don't really think he digs all that Silver do you? lol lol lol

Really nice hunt and congratulations.

Jack

Epi-hunter
10-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Woo hoo! :happydance01:

What a way to learn. Great silver, now it will keep coming! Congrats thumbsup01

angellionel
10-25-2010, 09:00 PM
Oh oh! The gates to the silver mine have been opened. lol Those are some great finds, Scott. You are making note to correlate tones with numbers from various angles before digging the target, right? :confused: Or do you forget to do so like I do? lol

zrickkid
10-25-2010, 09:03 PM
Hang with it and maybe one day you will give Angel a run for his money. thumbsup01

dave in iowa
10-25-2010, 09:15 PM
great finds ,, im gettin me one of them E-tracks ,next season..... and yes , ill be buggin you guys for pointers.....

RobW
10-26-2010, 07:47 AM
It has taken me awhile to somewhat get the e-trac. Don't give up, it doesn't lie, your brain ust doesn't understand. It's like a man talking to a woman, she is talking sense, but the man just doesn't hear what she is saying in, he's thinking in a different language! lol

catskillcomics
10-26-2010, 08:20 AM
It has taken me awhile to somewhat get the e-trac. Don't give up, it doesn't lie, your brain ust doesn't understand. It's like a man talking to a woman, she is talking sense, but the man just doesn't hear what she is saying in, he's thinking in a different language! lol

Funny you said that, as just the other day, I said the Etrac was like having a new girlfriend.. not knowing what the hell she's trying to tell me

Cheap Thrills
10-26-2010, 10:41 AM
OUTSTANDING !! thumbsup01 thumbsup01 An SLQ and a Merc what a great silver baptism for your Etrac . The floodgates are going to open now .

jkress
10-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Great 1st silvers!!

I love that SLQ. Sure wish I could find one of those.

Can't wait to see what else you and the E will recover.

Congrats

del
10-26-2010, 04:50 PM
very nice Scott , congrats on the SLQ and merc . :peace:

Beefcake
10-26-2010, 06:19 PM
Don't worry...it will all come to you. Once you understand the sounds + numbers, it is dead on. There are different Fe-Co lists that have been made on the various forums that will help you with the numbers. It's pretty simple for the most part.... listen for them high tones and dig Fe's 11,12,13 - Co's 40 thru 48. Once you get the sound of the good coins in your ears...It'll stop you in your tracks when you hit it. If it repeats tone in two directions and gives you something close to being good with the Fe-Co's dig it. I've noticed that sometimes good coins Fe-Co #'s tend to be a bit goofy when pinpointing. In pinpoint, pay closer attention to the Co number, but avoid any Fe's that reach 25 and above. Another thing you can do to get a better read if it is iron or not...my rule is, Coins don't move when you pinpoint...iron almost always does. Double check an iffy signal by dropping the quick mask to open it up and see what the numbers are then. In the beginning just look for those sweet sounding 12-40's and you'll pick up the other subtleties.. congrats on the silver!!!