PDA

View Full Version : 9th hunt

Jason in Enid
10-25-2010, 09:15 PM
I've been debating whether to even post today's hunt. I didn't get out of class early, so I only had an hour of daylight to continue my hunt. I didn't find anything old, silver or gold I just dug 25-30 memorials with a few dimes mixed in. It's better than finding nothing, so I got no complaints. Only thing of interest, was a cut penny. I dug a memorial about 4 inches deep. As I scanned the hole with my X1 probe I got a CO 27 reading. I wasn't planning on messing with those signals, but I already had the six inch deep hole dug. I had to dig deeper, so must have been 7 to 8 inches down. It was 15 minutes past sunset, so I couldnt even see the coin. :twirlingeyes: I had to use the probe and feel my way through the dirt to find it. I will have to see if it fits the other cut memorial piece I dug last week here.

So many targets here. I'm certain there's at least one piece of gold in there, but would take another 2 weeks just to go back and dig everything between foil and zincoln that I have left behind. OK, I have dug some perfect nickel tones but thats about 1% of the tones I passed.

I did meet the speed-hunter again. When I pulled in, I saw someone locking the gate to a football field I have been eyeing since I started hunting this spot. Then I noticed the detector leaning against the fence. I went over to chat and we talked for a bit. I know he's been making some good finds in there... no one else has access, and his reply about finds was along the lines of I've found a little bit of stuff in there. lol yeah, I've used that line myself! He's a nice guy, just wish he was on the forums so we could chat more. He may be getting access to some more primo grounds!

<sigh> My window of hunting (even if the weather holds) is drawing short. Hopefully I can make one more nice find before I have to return home.

coinnut
10-26-2010, 06:52 PM
Make the best of what time you have. It would be cool if that cut penny matched the other half. Just think of how good the picture of all your finds will look when they're all together. You can label it a 10 minute hunt lol

angellionel
10-26-2010, 10:24 PM
It sounds to me like you have enjoyed each hunt. :yes: It will be nice to see a photo of all the finds you have made during those trips. thumbsup01 And yeah, I think that other detectorist has been having it good. lol

Cheap Thrills
10-26-2010, 10:38 PM
It sounds to me like you have enjoyed each hunt. :yes: I will be nice to see a photo of all the finds you have made during those trips. thumbsup01 And yeah, I think that other detectorist has been having it good. lol

Hunt all you can as time lost is never regained .Looking forward to some pictures. Yeah,
I agree with Angel , I think speedhunter has been doing well also . I get the feeling he's a loner . Good luck on your hunts .

leslie(nova scotia)
10-30-2010, 03:21 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....nice guy to get in tight with four shore me son. Never know what he has access to!

zrickkid
10-30-2010, 06:45 PM
Keep looking you'll find that gold!