PDA

View Full Version : A nice ring

Cheap Thrills
10-25-2010, 11:50 PM
Hit one of my old tired spots this evening and was doing ok ( found the ring on the first dig) until the place got overun with a kids soccer team of about 30 kids and 3 coaches who thought they were Marine drill instructors . They made it a point to make those kids run around where I was ( on the other side of the field ) screaming like little terrorists . :ticked: So I ended up detecting a measly little adjoining hillside where I found the wheat and a few clad coins . I get the feeling these guys are going to be spending a lot of evenings there for a while , it's a shame too because the recent rains had been making the signals come up much better . :crying02:

leslie(nova scotia)
10-26-2010, 07:08 AM
From the land of the Bluenose....sounds as if the kids were not having fun but rather at work! Nice scoff on the ring and there will be another day there me bouy! :beerbuddy:

Epi-hunter
10-26-2010, 08:17 AM
That is a really nice ring! I like it thumbsup01 That place is definitely worth going back to. :yes:

Diggler
10-26-2010, 08:21 AM
Love the ring!

angellionel
10-26-2010, 08:53 AM
That is a great looking ring! Too bad you were shut pout of that location. :huh: A return visit is in order. thumbsup01

rsarge1
10-26-2010, 09:55 AM
very nice ring i would go back and look for more wheres theres one theres bound to be more
wtg

jkress
10-26-2010, 04:16 PM
Too bad about the 'little terrorists'.

But... at least you were able to find a unique ring.

Congrats

del
10-26-2010, 04:24 PM
little terrorist :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: i think their politically correct name is vertically challenged domestic extremists lol lol lol Sheik they can play havoc on you when your trying to focus on the task at hand but you still scored a nice piece of jewelry thumbsup01 and i hope you get back there soon . ;)

RobW
10-26-2010, 04:33 PM
Nice ring, very unique. I too lost one of my Saturday morning places to soccer kids. I feel your pain. crying01I know there is some decent stuff there....George (coinnnut) proved that to me when I took him out one day. I have not had a chance to go back with my E-Trac. ut our soccer season is almost over, then it's mine again :devilish:!

coinnut
10-26-2010, 07:06 PM
Real nice ring Baba. :clapping: That makes the hunt right there :beerbuddy: Next time bring a pit bull and tie him around you with about a 15 foot chain. You will have no problems then :cheesysmile:

Ill Digger
10-26-2010, 08:59 PM
:peace: Oh yeah!! Thats silver !! <: :beerbuddy:
Sweet find !!
Even for being in the jungle lol
Congrats :grin:

Cheap Thrills
10-26-2010, 09:21 PM
From the land of the Bluenose....sounds as if the kids were not having fun but rather at work! Nice scoff on the ring and there will be another day there me bouy! :beerbuddy:

It seems all they did was run , run run and get in two lines and kick the ball to each other . They didn't even split them up into teams and at least let them play a short game .

That is a really nice ring! I like it thumbsup01 That place is definitely worth going back to. :yes:

Thank you , I definitely will be going back .

Love the ring!

Thanks Diggler , the stone is quite spectacular

That is a great looking ring! Too bad you were shut pout of that location. :huh: A return visit is in order. thumbsup01

Thanks Angel , I always say I'm not going back there after this trip but I always do

very nice ring i would go back and look for more wheres theres one theres bound to be more
wtg

Thanks rsarge1 , there's more for sure , there's one spot in the backfield that is a virtual carpet of pulltabs and is a real challenge . I'm sure there is silver and gold in that spot .

little terrorist :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: i think their politically correct name is vertically challenged domestic extremists lol lol lol Sheik they can play havoc on you when your trying to focus on the task at hand but you still scored a nice piece of jewelry thumbsup01 and i hope you get back there soon . ;)

Thanks Del , an attack by vcde's , that's classic !!! rofl

Nice ring, very unique. I too lost one of my Saturday morning places to soccer kids. I feel your pain. crying01I know there is some decent stuff there....George (coinnnut) proved that to me when I took him out one day. I have not had a chance to go back with my E-Trac. ut our soccer season is almost over, then it's mine again :devilish:!

Thanks Rob , land to do any kind of activities is pretty limited here in Suburbia and must be shared .

Real nice ring Baba. :clapping: That makes the hunt right there :beerbuddy: Next time bring a pit bull and tie him around you with about a 15 foot chain. You will have no problems then :cheesysmile:

Thanks George , It did make the hunt . A No dogs allowed sign is posted there but you couldn't prove it by the amount of dog turds that are there .

:peace: Oh yeah!! Thats silver !! <: :beerbuddy:
Sweet find !!
Even for being in the jungle lol
Congrats :grin:

Thanks ID , it is a jungle out there !! lol

tanacat
10-26-2010, 09:40 PM
Love your riing!!! I know how you feel about those ball fields and the rug rats... at least they didn't harass you :-\

Cheap Thrills
10-26-2010, 10:26 PM
Love your riing!!! I know how you feel about those ball fields and the rug rats... at least they didn't harass you :-\

Thanks , I don't tend to get harassed too much . :grin:

tanacat
10-27-2010, 10:10 AM
Thanks , I don't tend to get harassed too much . :grin:

I sorta did once- kids yelled stuff, nothing real offensive, like 'hey lady there's no gold out there' 'all the gold is in California'... the coaches laughed. So did I. To myself, I had headphones on and acted like I didn't hear them. lol

Jason in Enid
10-27-2010, 11:45 AM
That was a nice ring find. Too bad about the soccer teams. Just have to try other times of day or other days. Most kids teams only practice once a week, 2 at most.

Cheap Thrills
10-27-2010, 07:30 PM
That was a nice ring find. Too bad about the soccer teams. Just have to try other times of day or other days. Most kids teams only practice once a week, 2 at most.

I hope this kids soccer team is not more dedicated than most . :thinkingabout:

SeabeeRon
10-28-2010, 12:48 PM
Very neat looking ring Baba!! Has a custom - artsy look to it!!

Cheap Thrills
10-28-2010, 01:33 PM
Very neat looking ring Baba!! Has a custom - artsy look to it!!

Thanks Ron , been hitting Santa Cruz beach lately ?

SeabeeRon
10-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Yeah, but things are real slow now that the tourists are gone! 8)