PDA

View Full Version : Todays hunt

beepn
11-21-2009, 08:39 PM
I was out trying different setups with the Fishers and DFX today.I dug a $1.00 Samuel Adams Presidential coin,a 1953 wheatie,a large .925 sterling silver ring,a heavy plain band and $6.68 in clad.I was running the F 75 wide open and cranked up the preamp gain on the DFX.I dug some quarters at 11 inches with both detectors.I didn't really hunt hard.I was trying different coils and different set ups.The park I found the wheatie in is not a good place to hunt except real early in the mornig,like first light.I found it too late to spend much time there.I'm going to go back there early next Saturday or Sunday with the SE.That area of town is 300 years old.Someone found a coin dated 1627 in town this last week.I don't know what the coin is yet.This old fatman had a good day.Bill

coinnut
11-21-2009, 08:44 PM
Sounds like a real good day. Some good depth on those quarters. I hear you on the bad parts of town needing to be hunted early. I have had my eye on a couple of parks and did not want to hit them alone. Hope you get some silver from that park. Congrats on the silver ring.

Dave
11-21-2009, 08:56 PM
If you find yourself hanging out in the park early in the a.m. with nothing to do but goof around test your setups. Thats a great day! Then find just enough clad to buy breakfast is gravy on the bisuit!

Bentfork
11-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Yep, that is a good day hunting. If it's a unsavory park take along some friends.

G.

OkieDigger
11-21-2009, 10:42 PM
Very nice!

MNDigger
11-22-2009, 08:19 AM
Sounds like you had a good day! Any hunt with some kind of silver found is definately a bonus!