PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Finds

RobW
10-26-2010, 08:13 AM
I have a client who is in a boundary line dispute with her neighbor, I went out to look at the property :shocked04: In the field you could see where there where many structures in the past. I began asking her about the history of her property. She told me it was a stop on the stagecoach line and that the house next door was an inn and her house was the innkeeper's house. Oh yeah :drool: So I asked her if I could come back and detect on her property, she said I was welcome anytime!!!

I asked George (coinnut) if he would like to join me for what I believed would be a GREAT hunt, but he had to work on Sunday crying01

We'll it wasn't the hunt I hoped for, but it was interesting. I have never dug so much trash in my life. I had to empty my trash 3 times. I did manage a few keepers.

In the first few minutes I scored a 1950 wheat, dug trash for HOURS, was about to give up for the day then hit on a 1943 Quarter, that reinvigorated me, but only found a few pre 82 pennies after that. What was killing me were these aluminum tops that are the size of a quarter, and when they would pop out of the ground, I'd get that great feeling until I would realize what they were. I found a few other interesting items. I found these Automobile Legal Association tags. The larger one sells on Ebay for about $20, from the 30's, too bad I hit it with my shovel digging. I also found what maybe a bracelet:huh::huh:thinkingabout: Appears to be copper. I also found this copper ball thing I have no clue, there is a hole through the middle and it is a bit jagged at one hole, looks like it snapped off something:huh:thinkingabout: I also found this old toy car...any of you old timers know the make and model? And I found this old tag, which I first thought was a cow tag, until I got it home and cleaned it up, then I could read Hotel Warwick Springfield, MA 14 I believe it is either a luggage tag or a key tag for the room key.

RobW
10-26-2010, 08:14 AM
More Pics

RobW
10-26-2010, 08:14 AM
More pics

jkress
10-26-2010, 04:19 PM
Nice finds!!

A nice silver quarter to add to the pile.

I especially like the hotel tag. Have you been able to find any additional info on it? It would be cool if it was from the period of the stage coach stop.

Congrats.

RobW
10-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Nice finds!!

A nice silver quarter to add to the pile.

I especially like the hotel tag. Have you been able to find any additional info on it? It would be cool if it was from the period of the stage coach stop.

Congrats.

I tried googleing it and came up empty, I tried historic hotels in Springfield MA and nothing. The Warwick hotel chain does still exist, apparently a luxury hotel chain in NY, Paris, etc., but can find nothing on it in Springfield, MA. I knwo there are a lot of Western Massers' on here, so if anyone knows anything, I'd love to hear about it. It's cool holding an odd piece of history.

del
10-26-2010, 04:33 PM
not bad Rob , George told me about your invite and i know he wished he didn't have to work ( that guy would detect 24 hours a day if he could :crazy:) lol lol the tag could be a baggage check or even a livery tag for your horse and personal property . bet theres alot of goodies under some of that trash , hope you do better next time out there .

Dan

angellionel
10-26-2010, 05:42 PM
You just never know what such sites will yield, so you can't pass up such opportunities when they present themselves. You did well to for the first time there. I'm thinking that there are more goodies hiding there. It likely would be worth another trip. :yes:

Epi-hunter
10-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Cool finds!! I like the hotel tag.

The old car is great too. Almost looks like a Corvair, at least the back end.

Epi-hunter
10-26-2010, 06:17 PM
I take it back. That car is too old and rounded to be a Corvair.

coinnut
10-26-2010, 06:41 PM
Hey Rob, it's not the hunt dreams are made of lol but you got some keepers. That bracelet is actually the Jolly Green Giant's pinky ring ;) What a huge bracelet. My wife wouldn't be caught dead wearing that lol Nice silver quarter and some neat find too. I'd give that place a second time over if I were you :yes:

zrickkid
10-26-2010, 09:55 PM
Nice hunt! thumbsup01

Cheap Thrills
10-26-2010, 10:01 PM
I take it back. That car is too old and rounded to be a Corvair.

Nice finds , that car has me going , Volvo , Fiat , Simca ? Too long to be a Renault Dauphine ....... A Generica perhaps ? :confused:

RobW
10-27-2010, 07:47 AM
We'll see if there is a next time, have negotiations today and depending on how they go she me never want to see me again! lol
I only hit the field before, I wanna hit the house area :drool:

Jason in Enid
10-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Looks like you managed to pull a few nice keepers from the trash. If you can clear most of the trash out, you might be able to find some older goodies.