PDA

View Full Version : Newcomer from Upstate Central NY

Brittany-Guy
10-26-2010, 12:21 PM
Hello All

I am new to this forum and have been TH'ing off and on for about a year now. My trash bag is heavier then my finds but I am having fun anyway.
I look forward to learning more from this forum and meeting new friends along the way.

Happy hunting to you all.

Wayne

Epi-hunter
10-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Welcome to the forum! Glad you found us. Nice looking dog by the way! :yes:

del
10-26-2010, 12:53 PM
hey Wayne , welcome to the forum . ;) i think we have a few members up that way , what kind of detector do you swing and where do you like to go for searching for treasure :yes:

Dan

RobW
10-26-2010, 01:31 PM
We all find more trash than treasure...except Angel lol

But welcome, you can learn a lot here on this board. I've been doing this for 20 yrs and have gained a lot of knowledge in the past few months I've been on this board, and have met some great people too! :yes:

Jason in Enid
10-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Welcome to the forum!!

angellionel
10-26-2010, 05:35 PM
A big welcome from Western MA!

coinnut
10-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Welcome from western Mass. Glad you found us and take some time to drool over some past posts lol You can get a lot of information from some great people here. I have detected with some of them already. Questions?? Just ask. And as Del said what detector you swinging?

Brittany-Guy
10-27-2010, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the warm Welcome Guys.

I have a Tesoro Vaquero as the main detector and a BH Pioneer 505 as a spare which my wife uses.

As for where I swing, I have 18 acres I own to search for relics, quite a few 1900 houses that I have permission to hunt
and a bunch of Old 1900 house sites that I have located. Have not done any Tot lots or Ball fields as of yet. We have 2 Fair Grounds
to check out too.

My avatar is one of 15 Brittanys we have bred and, used to, bird hunt with. She is the only one that I have been able to catch on point
with the camera. I usually forget to use it. :dontknow:

catskillcomics
10-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Hey , if you are a NY'er, you're always welcome.. Im from the Hudson Valley region of NY... Welcome Aboard! :peace:

Lowjiber
10-28-2010, 06:37 AM
Welcome aboard from southern Nevada. Sounds like you have a Mecca of hunting spots up there.

I like you already. thumbsup01 I used to hunt Ruffed Grouse in the hills of south eastern Ohio with the best dog in the world...a Brittany named Gretchen. She was whistle-trained, and when her cowbell went silent you could take it to the bank that she was on point.

Brittany-Guy
10-28-2010, 08:58 AM
Hey , if you are a NY'er, you're always welcome.. Im from the Hudson Valley region of NY... Welcome Aboard! :peace:

Ah, another TH'er from Saugerties! I wonder if you know RickO ?

Thanks for the welcome. I'm a couple hours North of you on I88.

HH
Wayne

Brittany-Guy
10-28-2010, 09:04 AM
Welcome aboard from southern Nevada. Sounds like you have a Mecca of hunting spots up there.

I like you already. thumbsup01 I used to hunt Ruffed Grouse in the hills of south eastern Ohio with the best dog in the world...a Brittany named Gretchen. She was whistle-trained, and when her cowbell went silent you could take it to the bank that she was on point.

We also hunted Ruffed Grouse, Phesant, and Woodcock with our Britts. Started with my first Britt in 1980 and discovered one was not enough. :clapping:
I guess some would say I carried that thought a bit too far.

HH Lowjiber

Wayne

Cheap Thrills
10-28-2010, 11:12 PM
Welcome from California Wayne , love the avatar . thumbsup01