PDA

View Full Version : Solar powered metal detector..

Exploreruser
10-26-2010, 02:16 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knows how to go about making a Solar powered metal detector, or at least a solar battery pack for a detector..I figure if you can run a car on solar power why not a detector.... :thinkingabout: Or am I crazy for suggesting such a thing... lol

Cheap Thrills
10-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Hmmmm.......... and it could come with optional solar panels that clip onto ones headphones so they could re-charge as they detect and they could sell the excess unused energy back to the power company . :interesting: Naw , I don't think so. lol

Jason in Enid
10-26-2010, 05:08 PM
I know that there are flexible solar panels made for travel to charge things like batteries and phones. I'm sure you could find one the fit the power output needed, but you will need a lot of surface area, a lot of sun, and a lot of money. Problably in the $300-400 dollar range.

Exploreruser
10-26-2010, 05:34 PM
I was thinking it might look something like this with the solar panel.. :rolleyes:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/258198015/SOLAR_HAND_HELD_METAL_DETECTOR_With_rechargeable_N i_Cd_Cell_.html

Jason in Enid
10-26-2010, 07:22 PM
LOL

coinnut
10-26-2010, 07:33 PM
If we could only make them panels spin around and play the star wars tune, I would get it. lol Seriously, there must be a way to get enough juice to maybe help the battery last longer, if not to replace it. But you need to find the next Bill Gate's son and ask for help. lol The technology is there. Advances in solar panels are being discovered daily, but never seem to hit the market :thinkingabout: Why is that? lol

CyberSage
10-27-2010, 07:19 AM
No thanks, I think I will just stick to using my gas powered metal detector. Don't worry, I don't let it idle while digging plugs. :grin:

tanacat
10-27-2010, 07:33 AM
I was thinking it might look something like this with the solar panel.. :rolleyes:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/258198015/SOLAR_HAND_HELD_METAL_DETECTOR_With_rechargeable_N i_Cd_Cell_.html

I think it's a great idea lol And actually realistic... after seeing all the solar powered items on your link thumbsup01

Jason in Enid
10-27-2010, 11:36 AM
No thanks, I think I will just stick to using my gas powered metal detector. Don't worry, I don't let it idle while digging plugs. :grin:

LOL, that's funny, because often think we are weed-whacking at first glance.

Epi-hunter
10-27-2010, 11:40 AM
LOL, that's funny, because often think we are weed-whacking at first glance.

You can use that to your advantage. I have done it before when getting suspicious looks from people. Just move over to the high grass and start swinging back and forth in wide arcs. lol

Exploreruser
10-27-2010, 12:29 PM
You can use that to your advantage. I have done it before when getting suspicious looks from people. Just move over to the high grass and start swinging back and forth in wide arcs. lol

Mount a couple plastic blades to the coil & no one would ever know the difference.. lol Thats really funny, I might try that sometime..

RobW
10-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Just make your house solar powered then plug in your charger...problem solved, only cost you about 30k lol

Sometimes I feel like I'm weed wacking going through the tall grass or overgrowth!

Cheap Thrills
10-27-2010, 02:41 PM
[quote=RobW;28010]
Just make your house solar powered then plug in your charger...problem solved, only cost you about 30k lol

rofl thumbsup01

tanacat
10-27-2010, 03:07 PM
I had a woman asked me if I was weedeating the park lawn, really cracked me up. What a lot of work lol the park is like 100 acres rofl

Exploreruser
10-27-2010, 03:10 PM

Sometimes I feel like I'm weed wacking going through the tall grass or overgrowth!

With my electric bill running about 80 dollars a month that would only take about 40 years for it to start paying for itself.. :huh:.. lol..

Lowjiber
10-27-2010, 05:56 PM
I had a woman asked me if I was weedeating the park lawn, really cracked me up. What a lot of work lol the park is like 100 acres rofl

You shoulda said, I sure am. Would you like me to come to your house and do your yard for free this afternoon? ;)

Jason in Enid
10-27-2010, 07:03 PM
You shoulda said, I sure am. Would you like me to come to your house and do your yard for free this afternoon? ;)

Awesome answer Lowjiber! I will have to remember that.

tanacat
10-27-2010, 09:44 PM

rofl good one- I'll remember that lol