PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Hunt Indians Silver V3i

midas
10-26-2010, 10:38 PM
As many of you may know, I don't usually hunt parks. I'm mainly a water hunter. But, thought I'd share my park finds from Sunday. This was a 3 hour hunt. The weather was a little brisk for the water! I went to a park that Angel and I had hunted a couple times. The ground is very difficult - lots of trash and iron. After the first 2 trips, Angel had his ETrac tuned for the old stuff. I was still learning the V3i (this was only about the 8th time I used it). This Sunday, I was determined to get the V3i to punch through the iron and in between the trash. I used the standard Coin Jewelry setting with some other settings from the forum and was getting only zincolns an inch or two deep. I remembered what Angel said about the ground in this park - the Barber half he found at 3 inches did not sound or FeCo like a half at all. I spent the next hour tweaking the frequency, delay, tracking and such. Then I got it, the V3i magic began. The next 1.5 hours produced 5 Indians, 4 V Nickels, a Buffalo, some old wheats and a nice 1903-O barber dime. I did not dig much trash at all except for some bullet shells and an old spoon at 8 inches. I was getting the good signals between the trash and a couple of V nickels had a rusty nail in with the coin. Good thing I have the DX1 pinpointer. I am amazed at what a versatile machine the V3i is. It's exciting pulling up old coins, especially the silver, from the parks.

Cheap Thrills
10-26-2010, 10:40 PM
Great hunt !! That Barber is beautiful !! thumbsup01 thumbsup01

xzlr8n
10-26-2010, 10:49 PM
Great looking Barber and from a park too :shocked04:. If I can ask, where did you end up on the recovery delay, disc sens, rx gain, and did you use correlate?? I have a trashy area in one park I'd like to hit sometime before winter!! Thanks and congrats on the great finds!!

angellionel
10-26-2010, 10:54 PM
Wow, John, that Barber dime is sweet! :drool: You weren't kidding about the details on it, and the photo likely does it no justice. :) The ground at that particular park has been a challenge for both of us, but we have pulled our share of good finds from there. thumbsup01 You did quite well with the new settings. :yes:

midas
10-26-2010, 11:00 PM
Recovery Delay - 25, Disc Sens - 92, Rx Gain 8, Best Data, Frequency - Salt, Ground - Normal.

midas
10-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Angel, 4 AM wake up call? lol The park silver is waiting. lol

Epi-hunter
10-26-2010, 11:09 PM
Beautiful barber dime John!

It sounds like you are doing well with the V3i. I am really tempted.

angellionel
10-26-2010, 11:10 PM
Angel, 4 AM wake up call? lol The park silver is waiting. lol

And disturb my beauty sleep? rofl I may be able to get out tomorrow late in the afternoon. :yes:

RobW
10-27-2010, 08:17 AM
John, good to see you are doing well. Hadn't seen you out my way in a few months. I had sent you a PM awhile ago. I enjoyed detecting with you this past miserably hot summer and getting to know you. You got some good finds there!

tanacat
10-27-2010, 10:19 AM
Great looking dime! :clapping: You might start hunting parks more often now huh :) I've never tried water hunting-looking forward to it.

coinnut
10-27-2010, 11:09 AM
John, Nice looking New Orleans Barber. :clapping: That one traveled quick before it was lost. Some other good, old coinage too. Great hunt!

Jason in Enid
10-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Now that the waters are turning colder, you should focus on land until late next spring. Congrats on the nice finds.

zrickkid
10-27-2010, 06:22 PM
Thats one awesome dime, great job.

jkress
10-27-2010, 09:28 PM
:shocked04:

Very nice hunt!! Looks like you are in to some oldies.

The Barber is in great shape.

Congrats.