PDA

View Full Version : deep coins and targets

1147SILVER
10-27-2010, 08:41 PM
I hunt with the etrac and I want to start find some deep targets like 8 inch or deeper I keep hearing thats where some of the real goodies please experienced Etrac user help the Rookie out!!!!

Jason in Enid
10-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Like the old miners say about gold.... Silver is where you find it. Older coins are typically deeper, but you can find silver from surface down to :huh:

Don't get wrapped up in depth, focus on the site, it's potential hotspots, and the things your E-Trac is trying to tell you.

Jaybird
10-29-2010, 11:24 PM
There are many people on this forum that have been E-trac users longer than I have. The more you read the forum the better you will get. Start by clicking on the link below and read (over and over if necessary) angellionel's settings and get out in the field as much as possible. You will find getting to know the E-trac and the settings will get you off to a great start. GOOD LUCK! thumbsup01

http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?topic=803.0

coinnut
10-30-2010, 06:51 PM
Like the old miners say about gold.... Silver is where you find it. Older coins are typically deeper, but you can find silver from surface down to :huh:

Don't get wrapped up in depth, focus on the site, it's potential hotspots, and the things your E-Trac is trying to tell you.

Jason is correct 1147Silver, Don't worry about depth. If you are in an area that targets are deep and your machine is running well, you will get them. Lots of silver has been found 6 or less. I found a Barber Half with Angel in a park and I don't think it was any deeper than 4. Listen to the machine and trust it. It will deliver!!