PDA

View Full Version : How to save money on AA batteries for your metal detector

catskillcomics
10-28-2010, 10:13 AM
Ok, you may or may not of known this, but every 6 volt lantern battery contains 32 AA batteries.. saves you a bunch of money.

Save money on AA batteries! Double A battery & 6 volt battery trick (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_MiCNnQrTI#)

Diggler
10-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Yah I think that has been Snoped out before. Or some do and some don't. I opened one and it was 4 tall C diameter batteries...

Lowjiber
10-28-2010, 11:35 AM
:clapping: That's pretty slick...Thanks!!!

Jason in Enid
10-28-2010, 12:00 PM
FALSE!

coinnut
10-28-2010, 12:52 PM
Yah I think that has been Snoped out before. Or some do and some don't. I opened one and it was 4 tall C diameter batteries...

I wonder if it's only certain brands or did the manufacturer just get smart?

FALSE!

Why??

RobW
10-28-2010, 01:12 PM
I go to the dollar store, they sell 8 packs of batteries for $1 generally. They last me about a full day and half of detecting which genarally gets me through a full weekend. I just have to make sure I find that much clad to pay for the next weekend....gives me motivation lol

Diggler
10-28-2010, 03:23 PM
I wonder if it's only certain brands or did the manufacturer just get smart?

Why??

Does it even add up? The one I opened had 4 - 1.5v = 6v.
32 x 1.5 would be 48v... I have opened a 9v with 6 AAAA 1.5v for 9v total.
I think the getting smart part was the battery company getting a rush on 6v batteries!

Jason in Enid
10-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Why??

Because it's just plain false. It's not true. It's been proven false. Feel free to go buy a bunch and open them all up if you need to prove it to yourself.

coinnut
10-28-2010, 10:15 PM
Because it's just plain false. It's not true. It's been proven false. Feel free to go buy a bunch and open them all up if you need to prove it to yourself.

lol Easy big boy, just wondering why that's all :dontknow:

coinnut
10-28-2010, 10:21 PM
Does it even add up? The one I opened had 4 - 1.5v = 6v.
32 x 1.5 would be 48v... I have opened a 9v with 6 AAAA 1.5v for 9v total.
I think the getting smart part was the battery company getting a rush on 6v batteries!

Wonder if any of the electronic guys could answer this but 4 batteries in series would add up to 6v If you did that 8 times and linked them in parallel to each other (in a series parallel circuit) it should give you 6 volts , but lots of current? Is that correct EE guys? lol Kinda like hooking up two car batteries in parallel and still getting the same voltage, just more amperage. I'm not saying it's real, because it's probably not, just wondering if you could hook up that specific number of batteries and still retain 6 volts.

Epi-hunter
10-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Wonder if any of the electronic guys could answer this but 4 batteries in series would add up to 6v If you did that 8 times and linked them in parallel to each other (in a series parallel circuit) it should give you 6 volts , but lots of current? Is that correct EE guys? lol Kinda like hooking up two car batteries in parallel and still getting the same voltage, just more amperage. I'm not saying it's real, because it's probably not, just wondering if you could hook up that specific number of batteries and still retain 6 volts.

I'm just going to keep on paying $8 for eight AA batteries, and continue to sleep at night. lol

Myownwings
10-29-2010, 02:08 AM
The video is made by Gagfilms.com..lol. Catskill....?

catskillcomics
10-29-2010, 09:09 AM
Oh Well, here I thought I found a great thing... maybe a moderator should take this down before someone actually goes out buys a big battery , then hunts me down for being wrong... rofl

del
10-29-2010, 01:44 PM
Oh Well, here I thought I found a great thing... maybe a moderator should take this down before someone actually goes out buys a big battery , then hunts me down for being wrong... rofl

:ticked: alright everyone who has a bone to pick with Scott the line starts here behind me :beatdown: :beatdown: :beatdown: lol lol lol

Stang1968
10-29-2010, 01:57 PM

Yes, it has. Here it is: http://www.snopes.com/photos/humor/batteryhack.asp

angellionel
10-29-2010, 03:32 PM
:ticked: alright everyone who has a bone to pick with Scott the line starts here behind me :beatdown: :beatdown: :beatdown: lol lol lol

lol lol Reminds me of the movie 'Airplane'. rofl

CyberSage
11-02-2010, 07:35 AM
Hey Scott!

Check this out. You can really save money on AA batteries with this little known hack...

Insane car battery hack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_8n2Qgguto#)

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Jason in Enid
11-02-2010, 08:45 AM
LOL, friendly hack!