PDA

View Full Version : NO COINS BUT A COUPLE NICE BOTTLES

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-28-2010, 07:42 PM
yesterday went with foundation hunter back to the site he dug his Nova Constellatio.we both dug some nice colonial buttons there and wanted to give it another shot.
we musta did a good job because we didn't come away with much.
i got a 1906 dog tag, a couple bottles and was wondering if this may have been a button but drilled out because shank broke? :dontknow:

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-28-2010, 07:43 PM
more pics

del
10-28-2010, 07:50 PM
an Atwood's jaundice bitters and a cobalt bromo seltzer very cool bottles , very common ones but nice 1890's era bottles . found a bottle dump or what :huh: it was nice the last few days for detecting except the ticks have been out .hey congrats on the finds man .

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-28-2010, 08:11 PM
an Atwood's jaundice bitters and a cobalt bromo seltzer very cool bottles , very common ones but nice 1890's era bottles . found a bottle dump or what :huh: it was nice the last few days for detecting except the ticks have been out .hey congrats on the finds man .

thanks Dan! just a wheelbarrel load of bottles near a wall.nothing exciting.mostly busted and a few plain medicine bottles which i left there whole. i knew these were common but figured i'd give em a home.i love the cobalt blue color of any bottle.
any idea on that button type lookin thingy? i know the ticks are crazy! i haven't found any attached but i'm having lyme disease symptoms right now.5 days stiff neck,migraines,fever,eyes hurt,left arm near elbow feels like mike tyson nailed me.hard to bend it. they drew blood on tuesday.hopefully get results friday

Epi-hunter
10-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Nice finds, love the bottles, especially the cobalt blue one! :yes:

I hope you don't have Lyme disease :shocked04: :-\

coinnut
10-28-2010, 10:26 PM
Wow, hope it ain't Lyme Disease :-\ Old age would be OK though ;) Let us know when you know. Nice bottles and that button could just be a cap for just about anything. Don't think it's a button though. People used to dump their trash along the back side of old walls. A lot of 1970's books on bottles tell you how to find bottles at old sites. That was one way they mentioned. At least you got out to hunt!

zrickkid
10-28-2010, 10:30 PM
Love that cobalt blue bottle. They always seem to be worth a bit more than the regular colored ones, and they make great display pieces.

Diggler
10-29-2010, 08:31 AM
I love the bottles. Maybe if you could scrape some residue out and hydrate it... it may just help with the elbow and other ailments...

RobW
10-29-2010, 08:41 AM
Nice bottles!

Look for a target red area, sometimes it's on the scalp. Lyme disease is ruff, I hope you are clear!

Cheap Thrills
10-29-2010, 01:40 PM
Nice bottles and as always great pictures . Hope you don't have the Lyme disease . Damn ticks !!

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-29-2010, 08:45 PM
thanks everyone for the well wishes! i hope it comes back negative too!

del
10-29-2010, 09:06 PM
thanks everyone for the well wishes! i hope it comes back negative too!

hey Dave just a heads up , those tests frequently come back negative for any number of reasons a good majority of the time and you could still have the disease , if your on anykind of medication now even over the counter cough syrup could make the test come back negative. i'm hoping for the best for ya man .