PDA

View Full Version : For all of you button experts...

jkress
10-28-2010, 09:34 PM
I found this last week at a place that was built in 1880.

Just wondering if any of you can roughly date it based on the design.

Thanks a bunch in advance. :clapping:

http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist/pictures/picture-69.jpg

zrickkid
10-28-2010, 10:23 PM
My opinion would be turn of the century or a few years earlier. Nice job. thumbsup01

coinnut
10-28-2010, 10:30 PM
Is that a steel back or brass? Nice button though. I'm guessing it's from the early years of that house. 80's -90's. Real hard to date them, but someone who studied designs of the period may date it that way.

del
10-29-2010, 02:30 AM
hey now thats what you need to identify buttons , great front and back pictures of them . thumbsup01 i agree with Coinnut , from that design it screams 1890's to 1910ish . definately a nice ornate button probably off a womans dress coat or something similar Jkress.

jkress
10-29-2010, 08:34 AM
My opinion would be turn of the century or a few years earlier. Nice job. thumbsup01

Is that a steel back or brass? Nice button though. I'm guessing it's from the early years of that house. 80's -90's. Real hard to date them, but someone who studied designs of the period may date it that way.

hey now thats what you need to identify buttons , great front and back pictures of them . thumbsup01 i agree with Coinnut , from that design it screams 1890's to 1910ish . definately a nice ornate button probably off a womans dress coat or something similar Jkress.

....Thanks guys. :clapping: I really appreciate it. I am not sure if it is steel or brass. I'm giving it a best guess, but I think it might be brass. Forgot to mention in the original post, but it is the same diameter as a quarter.