PDA

View Full Version : F 75

beepn
11-21-2009, 09:18 PM
I'll start a thread on this machine.I have 2 of them one setup with the 3X7 coil for heavy trash and one setup with either the 11&quot:grin:cheesysmile: or the 6X10 concentric coil.This detector is my all time favorite for coin hunting.It's light,it's super fast processor and small coil will amaze you coin hunting in heavy trash.It seems to be hot on silver.Here in North Carolina there is real low mineralization where I hunt it goes real deep on coins.In Montana in the mineralized gumbo soil it would chatter in the real dry soil conditions.It is effected by EMI but I have turned the sens down to 29 and was still able to find coins to 7 inches.I run mine at sensitivty of 90,discrimination 6,notch 0,tones 4 high and DE process.My F 75's ground balance at the factory preset as the soil is so low in mineralization it doesn't have to compensate(in North Carolina).Bill

coinnut
11-21-2009, 09:32 PM
Heard they got a new version out - LTD?? I think? But haven't heard enough about it to see any advantage over the original F75. I see a bunch of You Tube videos with the F75 online. Seems like a good machine.

beepn
11-22-2009, 08:39 PM
The run of LTD's is sold out.They have somethings new up their sleeve we should see soon.The LTD was a major software improvement on the F75.More depth,more stable.Bill

John S
04-10-2010, 01:32 PM
I all so have a f75 and I use the 3x7 coil all the time because hunt very trashy spots. I have found some very old coin with this detector. The f75 is the fast ID detector out there and the battery life is great. A lot of people under estimate this detector. Here is just one of them a 1858-0 half.

coinnut
04-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Beautiful Uncirculated Seated. Nice coin!! thumbsup01 I have heard good thing about the recovery speed of the F75. About the only negative I have heard is that it can get noisy some times. 3x7 coil? I bet that weighs almost nothing lol

John S
04-11-2010, 07:10 AM
Beautiful Uncirculated Seated. Nice coin!! thumbsup01 I have heard good thing about the recovery speed of the F75. About the only negative I have heard is that it can get noisy some times. 3x7 coil? I bet that weighs almost nothing lol
The 3x7 coil has a little noisy but you can cut the sen. back a little and it well take a lot of it out. The small coil well work the very heavy trashy spot where other detector can't. For me any way.

Merc
03-20-2012, 07:23 AM
I am using the stock coil, separation is great, goes plenty deep, light weight, excellent battery life. Some people don't like the back light cause it's on all the time, I like it, especially at dusk. My one complaint is the where the coil wire comes into the housing(control box). Mine pulled out. It wasn't wrapped very tight at all. I may have got it caught on something in the woods, but I have heard this happening on other F75's as well. I have to call Fisher and see if they will cover it under warranty. It seems to be a design flaw in my opinion. Now my detector wont GB properly or pinpoint, but it still finds things at 9 inches and i can mess with the pinpoint enough to get a good reading but not like it should. Hope this helps anyone with a F75, I imagine this would happen to the T2 as well. HH

CODY
04-21-2012, 03:20 PM
I got a F75 LTD and love it! Was thinking about contacting fisher to see if I could send it back and have the back light replaced with a red one. Anyone ever heard of this? I like the back light at dusk. But, once it gets dark its toooooo bright. I have placed a piece of clear red platic over it that works. But to change the light would be great!

Merc
04-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Good Idea Cody, I haven't used my 75 in darkness yet so I really haven't seen just how bright it is. It's perfect at dusk as you mention. I'd like to know what fisher has to say about changing the light. I tried to call about the wire that pulled out on mine. Left message with someone and they never called back. I'll try again this week. I to Love the 75. I was using my DFX for years before i bought the Fisher. Then after a few trips out with it, I couldn't put it down. Lol Now I'm back to my DFX,which I also love until I get this nearly new detector fixed. It's definitly not a durable machine. The DFX is a tank Built to last. The 75 seems a little flimsy for woods hunting. Just my opinion.

CODY
04-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Sent them a e-mail. Still havent heard anything back. Fixin to call them.

CODY
04-26-2012, 03:14 PM
Just spoke with a guy named Daniel at Fisher Tech. No the bulb can't be changed out! Dang it! He said it wasn't a LED per se. his discription, its like a large, very thin one. He said they use to make a bulb like I described but they stopped. Sooooooo, I guess its back to the red, translucent plastic! Anyway, HH

Merc
04-29-2012, 06:12 PM
Was worth a try Cody. I got through to Fisher sending the 75 out tomorrow. I'll keep everyone posted on if they cover the wire under warrenty

Merc
05-18-2012, 04:25 AM
Nearly three weeks later! I got the F75 back a couple days ago. Fisher replaced the coil connector and shielded the coil. I haven't had a chance to test it out yet ad it was covered under warranty

Merc
05-20-2012, 12:59 PM
Got to test out the F75 back from repair seems to be working just fine.

Dry Holes
09-03-2012, 10:53 PM
Im glad there is F75 owners here. I cant find very many people who do forums. I understand the original post about GB and EMI. I am learning how to adjust for all that. My speaker did come loose but was able to super glue it. I picked up a older machine cheap and so far no complaints. The machine performs even though Im not very good setting it up yet.

I have the small 5' round coil, and the 11' monster coil that just keeps amazing me. The coils get depth I wouldn't believe if I didn't see it.

So far Im either in DE or all metal mode.I set it for high gain and run the sensitivity at 99 when possible.
Of course I just fast grab when in factory setting.

I noticed you post a notch level at 0. But I can only adjust to 1, I have no 0 option. So far notch works best between 5 and 15.

I would say 7-10 is normal depth. If I would use headphones and tune the machine it could easily do more.

Im interested in what others are doing with thier machines.

markg
01-05-2013, 06:35 PM
Can't beat the LTD.