PDA

View Full Version : Deceased COPPER and RABID BATWING BUCKLE!

sniffy
10-31-2010, 01:58 PM
So I put on my costume today and headed into the woods to do some trick or treating. My first 3 sites were complete duds, no bodies home and no candy for my bag. BUt finnaly I found a little hole in the woods off the beaten path that didn't appear pounded to mince meat....I spent 2 hours and came up with a SHOT copper, a Batwing buckle, and a nice big fat colonial flat button. The copper appears to be a counterfeit King George, only thing left on it is a G and and a slight raise on the forehead and nose (facing left) Could be another CT to....I don't know. I try not to think about it too much, it kills me not knowing what it was. Thanks for lookin and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

del
10-31-2010, 03:13 PM
hey Jesse good day out man , the copper if its in that bad of shape is a good canidate for a find brillo pad , you'll be surprised at how much detail you can get when you start scrubbing the high spots . i've taken completely worn disks and the pad reveiled just what the coin was. hey happy Holloween now get out there with the kids and enjoy it wth them , and don't eat all their candy. lol lol

coinnut
10-31-2010, 04:50 PM
Looks like a great hunt to me lol Copper, cloaker and a real sweet bat wing buckle. You just didn't get any candy corn :confused: That would have made it complete ;)

sniffy
10-31-2010, 07:28 PM
hey Jesse good day out man , the copper if its in that bad of shape is a good canidate for a find brillo pad , you'll be surprised at how much detail you can get when you start scrubbing the high spots . i've taken completely worn disks and the pad reveiled just what the coin was. hey happy Holloween now get out there with the kids and enjoy it wth them , and don't eat all their candy. lol lol
I tried lightly brushing it with a soft wire brush...It's def. a KGII, at least I was able to ID it but cringed the whole time brushing it. Now, where was I...ahh yes....reses cups and snickers fun size bars! :happydance01:

sniffy
10-31-2010, 07:36 PM
Looks like a great hunt to me lol Copper, cloaker and a real sweet bat wing buckle. You just didn't get any candy corn :confused: That would have made it complete ;)
Yeah it was a pretty sweet little hunt. Except the myrtle at this site was insane, I was pretty confident I was gonna spend halloween, thanksgiving and christmas in the bottom of a well. This thing was almost completely grown over. And it was like 20 ft deep or so. :shocked01:

coinnut
10-31-2010, 07:40 PM
Except the myrtle at this site was insane

Myrtle lol that's where the Halloween spiders, snakes and ummm ghosts hide :shocked04: It is hard to swing in, and I'm always thinking some kind of rodent isn't gonna be happy with me :ticked: but it can be a great spot for hidden treasures. Some people just avoid it....I'm drawn to it :shocked01:

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-31-2010, 07:40 PM
Ya finally got your batwing? about time man! congrats!

zrickkid
11-01-2010, 12:59 AM
Nice little hunt. Keep up the good work.

sniffy
11-01-2010, 04:07 AM
Ya finally got your batwing? about time man! congrats!
Naah this makes the 4 th batwing buckle Ive found, never found a big one though.

RobW
11-01-2010, 01:48 PM
NIce hunt!