PDA

View Full Version : New From Virginny

Irregular
10-31-2010, 05:25 PM
A big howdy to all. I'm new in more ways than one- new here, and new to detectoring. I had a Lord-knows-what model some thirty years ago, then as a surprise and without my consultation my wife bought me a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV a few years ago, bless her heart, but you might say I never did a thing with it.

Fast-forwarding to the present: a good friend who shares my interest in all things history-related, after a good bit of research decided to jump in and buy a White's MXT Pro. I have followed his lead and have had one for two days now, and have spent a few hours beating around the brambles and rocks. He and I both have had a desire to get into relic-hunting for decades before we ever met.

I recently found this forum site and not too surprisingly find it filled with good folks, who no doubt I will be the richer by associating with. I'm as NOOB as NOOB can get, so if you see a subject line of HELP!!!, it's probably me.

I close here with what will probably become a standard line- TIA!

Lowjiber
10-31-2010, 05:36 PM
Welcome back to the hobby and to our forum.

The MXT is quite a machine. There are a lot of folks here who know what they're doing with one. Don't be shy (ha ha)...ask anything. Someone will likely be able to help.

Brittany-Guy
10-31-2010, 05:37 PM
Welcome to the forum Virginny from another newcomer from New York.

Hope we can learn all we need to know for the crew here.

HH

Wayne

coinnut
10-31-2010, 05:38 PM
Welcome aboard from Massachusetts. Sounds like you made a real good choice in your newest detector and likewise in your hunting buddy. I'm sure in no time you will be showing us some great relics from your area. You are in a great spot for them. Congrats on restarting your detecting hobby :clapping:

del
10-31-2010, 08:05 PM
hello Irregular and welcome to the forum , i hear the mxt is a great relic machine and no doubt you'll be finding some good ones living in that area of the country . this place has some very helpful people that are always glad to help out , good luck and heres to you getting back into the hobby :beerbuddy:.

Dan

RobW
11-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Another warm welcome from MA. You are in prime territory for some GREAT relic hunting. I use to before moving north to Yankeeland, my grandmother is rolling over in her grave! This forum will be a great resourse to you And everyone is extremely helpful in our time of need, which we all have no matter how long you've been doing this.

Epi-hunter
11-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Welcome to the forum and back to the hobby! We are glad you found us. :)

We have some very experienced MXT users here who are more than willing to help, so please feel free to ask any and all questions you have. And don't forget to post your finds! :yes:

Irregular
11-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Thanks to all of you for the encouraging replies, I've found a new place to call home! I've a whole lot to learn about detectoring, but perhaps not too rough a row to hoe thanks to the good folks around here; I've already benefited greatly by finding this site. I hope to somehow, someday return the favor. Amongst the various groups and social circles I've been involved in, I'm finding those in this hobby/sport/obsession to be some of the best, and very, ahem... down to earth.

Thanks again, y'all!

Jason in Enid
11-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Welcome to the site! Glad you found your way here.

exsquid
12-30-2010, 01:09 PM
Sounds like you are all set to find some really great finds...The MXT machines are great machines and I would not do without one anytime soon as they do what they do really, really, well.

I recently upgraded to the MXT Pro after a wonderful time with a MXT. I think my DFX is getting a little jealous but that is alright... it keeps the competition healthy... lol

Looking forward to seeing the great finds posted here...

Carl in Louisiana
12-30-2010, 01:41 PM
Welcome aboard :peace: You're going to love that MXT after you get a few hours under your belt with it. It truly is a work horse that is a pleasure to operate and will bring many fun and happy finds to your pouch.............

odave
12-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Welcome aboard !! The MXT is an awesome detector !!

Nitro 54
12-30-2010, 02:15 PM
Welcome to the forum from another new forum member

Bedrock
12-30-2010, 02:18 PM
Nice to have you here. Welcome. You made a good choice when you got the MXT. Can't wait to see pics of some relics.

Napa Steve
12-30-2010, 03:30 PM
Its great to have you here, this is a great site and getting bigger everyday thumbsup01

Carver
12-30-2010, 03:58 PM
A big welcome to ya!!!! Looking forward to your finds <: <: <:

Dimeman
12-30-2010, 08:19 PM
Welcome to the forum from another newbie to this one. :)

IDXit
12-30-2010, 10:51 PM
Welcome to the forum .... I wish you well and happy hunting. :) thumbsup01

giant056
12-31-2010, 02:02 AM
Welcome to a great hobby and forum thumbsup01 I've made some might fantastic finds with my MXT I can't imagine what it would be like if it was the Pro, you chose a great machine for sure.

Evan/tn
12-31-2010, 08:03 AM
Welcome to the forum,the MXT is a great machine