PDA

View Full Version : SUN CELLAR HOLE HUNT*1787 FUGIO CENT

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-31-2010, 07:43 PM
Frank picked me up around noon and headed out to hunt.
i got a 1787 Fugio cent,a late 1600's-1720's knee or small shoe buckle.
a 1830's 2 piece floraled button with a Leavenworth & Co backmark.
i think this may be a musket side plate in my hand? can anyone confirm this?
the lock i dug yesterday and soaked it overnight in CLR.came out ok i guess.
oh! and i think i do got Lyme disease.results will be in tomorrow but,this mysteriously appeared overnight.looks like most of the bullseye rashes i seen online.and i always check myself after every hunt.i never seen a tick attached.so,you guys please be careful out in the woods

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-31-2010, 07:44 PM
more pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-31-2010, 07:45 PM
more pics.
the small WADHAMS one piece button i dug yesterday with lock

coinnut
10-31-2010, 07:55 PM
Nice Fugio Dave :clapping: :clapping: And the button is real nice too, lots of gilt left. :happydance01: As far as the side plate goes, I'm not a gun guy, but that looks like some plates I have seen. I would think it would be one. :cheering: Great hunt. I see the picture of the bullseye you took. No one can be sure from just a picture, but it looks like the Lyme disease picture. Our youngest had it and had the same circle, sometimes with a faint inner circle. Lucky you thought about it so soon. Make sure you were tested for all 3 associated infections of Lyme disease. (I'm not sure that is the clinical way to say it lol). Caught so soon, you will be doing some strong antibiotics and it can be brought under control. Remember to take that picture to your doctor when you get you blood results, even if they are negative. A picture usually helps confirm it. Hope it goes well.

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-31-2010, 08:00 PM
Nice Fugio Dave :clapping: :clapping: And the button is real nice too, lots of gilt left. :happydance01: As far as the side plate goes, I'm not a gun guy, but that looks like some plates I have seen. I would think it would be one. :cheering: Great hunt. I see the picture of the bullseye you took. No one can be sure from just a picture, but it looks like the Lyme disease picture. Our youngest had it and had the same circle, sometimes with a faint inner circle. Lucky you thought about it so soon. Make sure you were tested for all 3 associated infections of Lyme disease. (I'm not sure that is the clinical way to say it lol). Caught so soon, you will be doing some strong antibiotics and it can be brought under control. Remember to take that picture to your doctor when you get you blood results, even if they are negative. A picture usually helps confirm it. Hope it goes well.

thanks G for the kind words.i am gonna bring camera for sure when i go tomorrow

coinnut
10-31-2010, 08:05 PM
thanks G for the kind words.i am gonna bring camera for sure when i go tomorrow

You'll be fine since it was caught early. My kid NEVER goes into the woods and caught it up north on a boat trip on a lake. She is paranoid of them things, so she doesn't go where they may be. Apparently there was one that bit her and she didn't even know it. It was here boyfriends idea to go :hammer: He's still paying for it lol She is fine now, just cranky rofl Once you get the antiboitics and they do their stuff, you will be back to the same guy we know and love :kiss: lol

del
10-31-2010, 08:14 PM
great day Dave the buckle is a knee buckle and yes its a lockplate and looks to be from a flintlock not a percussion cap type (from the flash pan cut out in the plate ) very sweet finds man . :peace: hey i'm glad you caught the disease early and like George said the antibiotics will do the job .

angellionel
10-31-2010, 08:20 PM
Glad to see that you caught that tick bite early, Dave. You will be fine. :yes: Great stuff there, and very nice Fugio! thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
great day Dave the buckle is a knee buckle and yes its a lockplate and looks to be from a flintlock not a percussion cap type (from the flash pan cut out in the plate ) very sweet finds man . :peace: hey i'm glad you caught the disease early and like George said the antibiotics will do the job .

thanks for the ID on the Gun piece.and thanks for your words of encouragement on the lymes

HEAVYMETALNUT
Glad to see that you caught that tick bite early, Dave. You will be fine. :yes: Great stuff there, and very nice Fugio! thumbsup01

thanks Angel!

zrickkid
11-01-2010, 01:01 AM
Hope you are ok. The hunt produced some nice finds. you guys have it so great out east. :shocked04:stretcher:

sniffy
11-01-2010, 04:05 AM
Don't worry, I had lymes disease a few years back.....I got a bunch of antibiotics.....Felt like crap but it made me better. They said it was eukliosis (spelled wrong i'm sure) A infection from a tick. You'll be fine. And BTW you dig more fugios than anyone I know. Good job.

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-01-2010, 10:55 AM
test came back POSITIVE. crying01 please be careful everyone out there

RobW
11-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Sorry to hear about the Lyme.

On a positive not that is one great Fugio...I'm jealous! :yes: