PDA

View Full Version : Time for family....

Snowy
11-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Well, I got out of work early today and we went to visit my mother and her boyfriend to see if they needed any help getting settled in their new place. They didn't, but wanted me to work on computers, so I did. We had a little pizza, I ran mom to the pharmacy and we came home. It was a nice time. Our daughter wasn't so excited about helping her grandmother with some laundry or listening to her grandmother explain how to buy that new PC on her own (mom had to tell her about how my brother and I worked and paid for everything we wanted... went over real well .. lol )... but it was a good visit. We respected Miranda's agony of it all and got her home by 7 PM so she could host a scavenger hunt type thing with some friends on line tonight (wonder why I wasn't invited to play! lol .. ).

It was decent family time and we sorted out Thanksgiving. We're going to start the turkey here and my uncle and aunt are going to meet us at mom and Bob's. Mom's not allowed to do any of the work ... we told her so.. They were going to come here but she has a hard time with stairs and the bathroom is upstairs, so we resolved to bringing dinner to them provided she doesn't try to help. We'll finish cooking the dinner there, eat and clean up, leave some leftovers for them and come home to nap ... ? . Our daughter will probably roll her eyes some more, but I'm sure she'll help her grandmother with some other small chores. It'll be good for everyone to spend a Thanksgiving together on happy terms. The last few have been tough with terminal illnesses in the family. I'm hoping this holiday seaason is the key to restarting that holiday magic. It's looking good so far.

Epi-hunter
11-21-2009, 11:05 PM
I hope too that things will be good this holiday season. I have some of the same concerns as you regarding that. :-\

Just sent you a PM :)

Snowy
11-21-2009, 11:21 PM
It can't be easy in your situation, either, Ang. I have a great respect for your abilities to share your children with your ex during the holiday season. It can't be anywhere NEAR easy. I hope the best for you and yours this holiday season as well.

Islandhunter
11-23-2009, 06:28 PM
It can't be easy in your situation, either, Ang. I have a great respect for your abilities to share your children with your ex during the holiday season. It can't be anywhere NEAR easy. I hope the best for you and yours this holiday season as well.

Yeah its real fun sharing kids with an ex...especially when that ex thinks its all about them... :mad: The only THEM that it is about is the kids...we as parents, whether married separated or whatever should NEVER forget that the kids do, must and will always come first and should always be priority number one!!

Epi-hunter
11-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Yeah its real fun sharing kids with an ex...especially when that ex thinks its all about them... :mad: The only THEM that it is about is the kids...we as parents, whether married separated or whatever should NEVER forget that the kids do, must and will always come first and should always be priority number one!!

Sounds like you've been in the same place I'm in. :) Yes, you are exactly right, and it's tough when in less than an ideal situation.

Islandhunter
11-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Sounds like you've been in the same place I'm in. :) Yes, you are exactly right, and it's tough when in less than an ideal situation.

Angie...not been there, AM there. Best thing to do is just do what you can and let the kids know you are ALWAYS there for them and be honest with em. Be honest and be there for them and as they get older they will see what is going on and know you did all you could. Kids need some stability after being part of a separation or divorce and thigns are tough enough on em without all the b.s. that goes on between the parents so try to be the best Mom you can be to them and hopefully everything else will work out fine.

Epi-hunter
11-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Angie...not been there, AM there. Best thing to do is just do what you can and let the kids know you are ALWAYS there for them and be honest with em. Be honest and be there for them and as they get older they will see what is going on and know you did all you could. Kids need some stability after being part of a separation or divorce and thigns are tough enough on em without all the b.s. that goes on between the parents so try to be the best Mom you can be to them and hopefully everything else will work out fine.

Thanks. It's hard, isn't it? It's harder than I ever dreamed it would be.