PDA

View Full Version : LYME DISEASE*EVERY DETECTORIST SHOULD READ

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-01-2010, 11:50 AM
all you detectorists should be very careful.
whether it's in the woods,front yards or parks.ticks are everywhere.
even though i take precautions i somehow got bit and didn't even know it.
i always check myself after every hunt and usually tuck my jeans into my socks.
i saw no ticks attached at any point this year.
last week i started getting fever syptoms,stiff neck,pounding headaches and sore left elbow and forearm.
i went to dr's tuesday of last week and told him i think i may have lyme disease.he said based on my syptoms and lack of rash,and usually may june july ticks are most active he said it may be flu.
i said sir,i hate to argue with you but the ticks are active now and i insist the test.ok he said.they drew blood and sent to lab.
now i wake up sunday morning and here is this rash that appeared overnight.
just got results back now...POSITIVE FOR LYME DISEASE.
going to get antibiotics now but just want to shed some light to those who are unaware of what may be crawling up your legs or down your back,without you even knowing or even feeling these little parasites.
BE CAREFUL OUT THERE! PLEASE!
dave

angellionel
11-01-2010, 12:16 PM
That is always a good reminder!

It's a good thing you insisted on the test and did not just go home thinking it may be the flu as you were told. I know I don't have to say it, but keep taking the antibiotics for the full period. I wish you well and a full recovery!

Diggler
11-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Wow! And just about as I was going to go crazy with jealousy from all of those awesome spots you get to hunt! Get well soon! :stretcher:

Cheap Thrills
11-01-2010, 12:52 PM
That sucks !!! Hopefully the fact you started your antibiotics in the early stages lessens the severity and duration of the disease .

z118
11-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Get well soon Dave!

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-01-2010, 01:15 PM
thanks everyone! just popped my first pill :barf:
we all worry about the things you can see..snakes ,bears,mountain lions,falling limbs and crazed copperless day hunting buddies :behave: :cheesysmile:
it's the unseen things we all need to pay attention to as well!
Dan..G made me say that! :hammer: I swear he did!
just kiddin man,gotta get G in trouble here.he's been bullying everyone on the forum into saying bad things! :blackeye:

RobW
11-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Watch out he may bury you in one of those large holes he digs lol

Hope all goes well for you!

Lowjiber
11-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Get well soon, Dave. I'll include you in my evening prayer.

As you might post: HANG IN THERE BUDDY!!!! thumbsup01

coinnut
11-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Hey Dave, We are all pulling for you man. Do you know which bacteria you were infected by? I think there are a couple and some are easier to kick than others. I'm glad you pushed the issue and had him do the test. I bet you didn't even get a half hearted apology from him :eyebrow: As for this:

gotta get G in trouble here.he's been bullying everyone on the forum into saying bad things! :blackeye:

That's my job man lol

And this?

we all worry about the things you can see..snakes ,bears,mountain lions,falling limbs and crazed copperless day hunting buddies :behave: :cheesysmile:

I'm not sure who that is :thinkingabout: Anybody I hunt with, not found a copper in forever? lol Don't kid yourself Dave, He stores it up and will pounce on me real soon :hammer: I'm dreading the hunt when he gets his revenge :-\

Just take things slow Dave and be positive and as active as it will allow you to be. It will work out in the end. :yes:

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-01-2010, 05:40 PM
Hey Dave, We are all pulling for you man. Do you know which bacteria you were infected by? I think there are a couple and some are easier to kick than others. I'm glad you pushed the issue and had him do the test. I bet you didn't even get a half hearted apology from him :eyebrow: As for this:
That's my job man lol

And this?

I'm not sure who that is :thinkingabout: Anybody I hunt with, not found a copper in forever? lol Don't kid yourself Dave, He stores it up and will pounce on me real soon :hammer: I'm dreading the hunt when he gets his revenge :-\

Just take things slow Dave and be positive and as active as it will allow you to be. It will work out in the end. :yes:

nah i didn't ask which bacteria it was. I know Dan is flexing his claws now as i type. I had a feeling that last sat was gonna be his breakout day but those feelings shifted to this sat hunt. just roll over and play dead G you'll be safe.
thanks everyone for the well wishes!