PDA

View Full Version : Clad for Kids 2010 **Donations ENDED!!!!**

Beefcake
11-02-2010, 10:50 AM
As many of you remember, last year I started the Clad for Kids program to help some needy families of children that my wife and I teach for Christmas. It started with me wanting to do something to help this one particular little girl in kindergarten that literally had her toes sticking out of her shoes and no winter coat. I couldn't bare the thought of what the winter and Christmas would be like for her and her family and the need to help her literally brought tears to my eyes during that weekend when I came up with Clad for Kids. Last year, the metal detecting community donated enough money to help out 4 families in fact!!! My wife and I spent every dime and bought enough clothes for each child to have 7 brand new outfits, shoes, winter coat, gas cards and yes...A wish gift! What would Christmas be without a toy:huh: 100% of all the money goes to these families and the gifts cannot be refunded or used for things that does not benefit the kids. The idea came to me from our hobby.... We all end up with a pile of dirty clad at the end of our detecting year and I thought it would be nice to help some kids with it.

I have made a couple of changes this year.... Last year I came up with this with about 2 weeks before Christmas... I wanted to get a better jump on it, so I am opening the program up for the month of NOVEMBER... This gives my wife and I the time to shop and wrap the gifts for delivery. Second, I set up a paypal account for the program!!! Last year several wanted to donate, but it all came on so quick, I didnt' get an account set up.

To donate by using PayPal.... Click the Clad for Kids logo in this post!

For those who do not want to use PayPal... Please PM me and I will give you my address to send a check or money order (This is how it all was done last year).

If you have any questions about this program, please PM me and I'll tell you all about it!

On a personal note... The I don't know of anything I've ever done in my life that has been so rewarding as what we did last year. To see that little girl and the others come to school in new clothes, new shoes, and a warm coat was a feeling I've never experienced before. The gifts were delivered to the parents (who were all very grateful and humbled) and as far as the kids knew... They were from Santa. I grew up rather poor...My mom and dad divorced when I was a little boy and I know what it is like to not have new clothes and know what it feels like to not fit in. Poverty effects us all... and for a kid it is beyond their control. I don't judge the predicament that families sometimes find themselves in... I want the kids to be taken care of. Remember, the donations do not have to be large and any amount is greatly appreciated. Thank you all!!

Click on the Clad for Kids banner to donate via PayPal!!!!

http://metaldetectingforum.com/spp/clad-for-kids.jpg (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=Z5498VVBTE8VY)

[size=1:crazy:t]2010 Running Total $1,212.96 :cheering: We reached $1200 !!!!

Lowjiber
11-02-2010, 11:00 AM
For those who may not have been around a year ago, let me say that Beefcake (Brian) started out trying to help a couple of kids in the classes he taught, but the outpouring of support allowed him to go far beyond his initial dream.

I've known Brian for a long time and can vouch for his character and heart.

My donation is on the way....THANKS BEEF!!!!

Epi-hunter
11-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Mine too. Thanks Brian for all you do! thumbsup01

Beefcake
11-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the kind words John and Angie!!! And thank you for the Donations!!! :cheering:

CyberSage
11-02-2010, 07:06 PM
I am very excited to see Brian back with another year of Clad For Kids. This is just a wonderful heartfelt effort put out by Brian and his Wife. Donation on the the way! Thanks for giving us this opportunity to help out.

Jack

marchas45
11-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Make sure if you send a donation send it to beefcakes e-mail address as a gift or personal. That way Paypal don't take a cut of the proceeds destined for the kids. It makes me mad. :angry:

Beefcake
11-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Please attach a tag on the future donations as to which forum you belong... I get your real name and it makes it tough to track you down and thank you..lol

Beefcake
11-03-2010, 07:29 PM
LOL... I'm trying to keep up with the updates on the tally!!! As soon as I fix it, another one comes in....Not that I'm complaining!! Remember...Please Tag your donation with the forum and username for that forum... I get your real name on my end and I'm having a heck of a time tracking everyone down... So... For those that I don't know who they are.. I'm just going to list the first names in my thank you!!!

A big thanks to Everyone on this list!
Alan
Den
John C.
Anthony
Daphnie
George
Jack
Gwen
Jim
David
Dale
Lisa
Adam
Jane
Laura
Scott
Jeremy
Ruric
Paul
Brent
M-scope
Karen
Doug
Mike
Robert
Brad
Rick
Chris
and Janis!!!
I'm going to try my best to thank everyone for donating... Please forgive me If I forget anyone and know that every penny comes with my heartfelt gratitude!!!!

coinnut
11-20-2010, 09:59 PM
I'm in. This is a great thing you are doing for them. But I forgot to tag my check with the forum name like you asked :-\ :-\ :-\ Memory loss you know lol

Beefcake
11-21-2010, 11:25 PM
I'll figure you out...I think I still have last year's list somewhere or just send me your name in PM and I'll get you marked down.

kenfen
11-27-2010, 09:58 AM
Donation sent. Thanks for doing this, Beefcake. Great idea. You know, it makes me mad that we have tons of money for other countries and nation building but our neighbors are in need.

Kind Regards, Ken

Beefcake
11-28-2010, 11:19 PM
Got the Donation Ken! Thank you very much!!!

tanacat
11-29-2010, 10:21 PM
I sent donation too- it's from 'Frogtopia' via paypal :) Thanks for doing a great thing for the 'lil ones Brian thumbsup01

Beefcake
11-30-2010, 12:22 AM
Got it Tana!! That puts us over $1200 Wooohoo!!! Thank you so much!

del
12-01-2010, 06:48 AM
hey Brian , thanks again in stepping forward and putting this together to making a difference to those childeren and families that are really struggling this year . thumbsup01 i hope you got my donation through paypal as i didn't see it update the count meter.

Dan

tanacat
12-01-2010, 10:19 AM
Btw I love your motto Clad for Kids what a GREAT idea :yes: Just curious, did you beat last year's amount?

And must add- I really respect your humbleness and honesty about not growing up with new clothes and such, feeling like you didn't fit in at early age. I went through the same in the 70's and early 80's when it means the most--- during transitional Junior High School days (my parents were both in college and struggling to find 'odd-jobs' during that time). Anyway, I hope this money goes esp to that age group, for that reason.

Beefcake
12-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Today is the last day for donations!!!! We have done awesome this year!.... I apologize, I have been busy the last couple of days, but yes del I got it!!!! Thank you very much! You put us at $1300. I still have a couple of mail-in donations that are on the way to add to the total, but we have nearly doubled last years totals!! I'll put a wrap-up post in the next day or so and make sure every name is added for just Thankage!!! You folks have been amazing this year.

I can give you a preview of at least one family that I know we are helping... There are 3 kids, 9 months, 6, an 8. After having the last baby, the mom started having headaches... she is in her 30's and they found a brain tumor. The did an operation on the tumor, but could not get all of it because she would have lost functions. They are treating her with the normal regiment of things and she can only walk with a walker. So, she can't work and they will have a rough time this Christmas. We will help them out to make sure the 3 kids are taken care of!!!! I hope you all feel very proud about this one!!!