PDA

View Full Version : Anybody in Colorado Lend a Hand?

M-Taliesin
11-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Howdy Folks!
I live in Aurora Colorado, but am entirely comfortable with travel anywhere on the front range.
I got banged up on the knee and am awaiting surgery that was supposed to happen on August 30th.
However, that whole notion got put onto the back burner because of a blood clot that developed in
the same leg. I am taking treatment to get rid of the blood clot, but am stuck with a bum knee until
that whole episode is cleared away.

With all of that as premable, I am hoping that somebody on this here forum living in Colorado might
help with a problem I have on my V3i.

The V3i always ran pretty good but never got the type of great results I saw others in this state getting.
Then, on another forum, somebody posted about doing a master reset on the machine. That's when things
really went wrong. My machine was transformed from a pretty good unit to nearly useless.
I have managed to get it working halfway decent, but nothing great.

So, anybody up for lending another member a hand getting this thing right?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Beefcake
11-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Cybersage is in Ft. Collins... pretty close! He runs the V3i also..

Napa Steve
12-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Looks like its time for a trip to Sweethome Oregon, send her in Mel, Whites will take care of you.

CyberSage
12-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Hey Mel! Sorry to hear about your knee buddy. I am out of town for a week or so but we should hook up when I get back. At least we can try to figure out what your dealing with. After I get a response back from you I will move this thread to the Whites section where we can track the progress of your issues with the V3i. Merry Christmas Mel.

Jack

Bedrock
12-26-2010, 03:33 PM
I am sure someone in CO will lend a hand.

My4Kiwis
12-30-2010, 10:03 PM
I'm on the Front Range myself. I'll be following this thread closely. I'm brand new to detecting and my V3i so I can't be much of a help but maybe I can learn a thing or two from you seasoned vets.

M-Taliesin
12-31-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm on the Front Range myself. I'll be following this thread closely. I'm brand new to detecting and my V3i so I can't be much of a help but maybe I can learn a thing or two from you seasoned vets.

Howdy Amigo!
I'd be happy to meet up with you for a hunt anytime you like.
Hopefully, when we don't have snow and temperatures hovering around zero or below!

Don't know that I can help you out much with your V3i, but I can surely show you some silver and gold that can be found around these parts. As for seasoned, I'm mostly seasoned with salt and vinager.

But again, I sure would like to meet up with you for a hunt. What city are you in?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

My4Kiwis
01-04-2011, 01:07 AM
Hi Mel,

We had talked a bit on that other place. I keep my wife and kids in C. Springs. I'm in Iraq at the moment but will be unemployed in about 3 weeks. I'd love to meet up with you some time to swing a coil and have someone I can ask questions of nearby.

Cheers,
My4Kiwis
aka JD

Jeff (or)
01-04-2011, 01:53 AM
Mel, sent you a pm.

M-Taliesin
01-04-2011, 10:03 AM
We had talked a bit on that other place. I keep my wife and kids in C. Springs. I'm in Iraq at the moment but will be unemployed in about 3 weeks. I'd love to meet up with you some time to swing a coil and have someone I can ask questions of nearby.

Howdy Pardner!
First, I want to thank you again for your service to our nation. I hope you know how much you are appreciated for the commitment you've made on behalf of the American People. While on that topic, I'd extend that same greeting to everybody in your unit, squad, company, battalion and the entire fighting force of folks who sacrificed so much for all of us. Thank you.

Now about your return to American soil, I'd be happy (and honored) to meet up with you anytime you like to get some hunting done. There is a strong likelihood I'll be headed down to Texas for a week later this month, but aside from that, I'll be delighted to get out and hunt with you. I can show you a few tricks, and maybe learn one or two from you in the bargain!

I trust you still have my phone number and direct email. If not, I'll be happy to provide them again.

Looking forward to your safe return!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

My4Kiwis
01-04-2011, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the toughts Mel.

I will be sure to pass them along to the active duty folks that I work with. Just to be clear, I am no longer active duty...retired in '08. For the past 18 months I have been here working as a contractor. Along with the active duty guys and gals, we are helping the Iraqis get their Air Force back on its feet. I have said many times that aside from being away from my family it has been one of the most rewarding jobs I've ever had.

I wish I could post some pictures of me and some of my students but they are too large... any idea how to re-size them?

I get home in late January and will probably play house husband in February while I send my wife back to NZ for a well deserved break / family visit. Then in March I hope to be in training for my next job...will see. Somewhere in there I'd love to get together for a hunt or two.

Cheers,
My4Kiwis
aka JD