PDA

View Full Version : 1897 barber

1147SILVER
11-04-2010, 12:51 PM
I went today yes in the pouring rain with george coinut for about an hour he was nice enough to help me learn my etrac better we went a old ballpark where my grandfather brought my father to play ball this park is no longer it now covered with trees. I was lucky and unearthed a beautiful 1897 real nice barber dime shortly there after george got a ladies gold ring. then the rain really came down i mean down I brought him to a real old home 1732 he then remarked to we need angel program here there is some deep silver here for another tim I would like to thank george for taking his time out to help me. We will have to do it again real soon

Thanks again 1147silver steve

coinnut
11-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Hey Steve, Very nice to meet you and do a bit of fast detecting. lol That rain really did make a mudfest :shocked01: Congrats on that Barber Dime, it's a nice one for sure. It also means you are in the right place for that ballfield. :clapping: My ring was plated as we suspected for that era (@1900), but is a nice monogrammed letter M women's ring. Not bad for trying to dodge the rain and only hunting a short while. You learned a couple of things today, one being E Tracs hate rain lol Next time we get together it will be easier to show you more of the patterns and functions. Glad we had a chance to get together and find a couple of nice finds today thumbsup01

angellionel
11-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Detecting under that steady rain must have been both frustrating and fun. :yes: You guys were likely a muddy mess. lol Sweet finds for such a very short hunt. thumbsup01 That location will likely yield several more old coins and other neat items.

zrickkid
11-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Nice finds guys. I hope you do well in that area. 8)

del
11-04-2010, 05:28 PM
hey congrats Steve on that barber (we need a picture to satify the old silver fetish lol ) glad you made it out with George , he's very entertaining sometimes :crazy: but is very knowledgeable with that e-trac .

congrats to you George for the ring as it looks like an oldie.

jkress
11-04-2010, 09:58 PM
1897 dime.... very well done 1147! :clapping:

A 1732 home... that is incredible. The earliest home I have detected was built about 140 years after that one. lol

You all have some crazy old stuff out there.

Good luck on the Etrac, sounds like you have a great person to get pointers from.

RobW
11-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Congrats on the Barber dime! George can teach you a lot. Full of useless information lol

I think you said you were in Westfield too. If you ever want to get together and hunt, just drop me a PM.

coinnut
11-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Congrats on the Barber dime! George can teach you a lot. Full of useless information lol

I think you said you were in Westfield too. If you ever want to get together and hunt, just drop me a PM.

lol lol Try not to think though Rob, he's not in Westfield rofl

coinnut
11-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Hopefully I did this right lol Here's Steve's dime :shocked04: