PDA

View Full Version : Four Fanatasic Fairgrounds Finds - Silver & more

catskillcomics
11-05-2010, 03:35 PM
The rain lifted early this afternoon, so off I go back to the fairgrounds for a 2 or 3 hour hunt. I went back to the area I found silver on Wednesday, this time, gridding the opposite direction. Found another nice 1925 SLQ, 1927 Merc, 1954 Rosie... once done with that area, I walked across the road to an area where folks parked their vehicles after unloading their livestock. I didn't have much time left before they were going to lock the gates, but managed to sneek a 1952 Rosie before leaving. :happydance01:
Also found a neat fair bracelet, Name Rudy on it, and also dated 1962, its aluminum and apparantly someone got pissed and broke it in half :beatdown:... if it only could tell the story. Finally, I have no idea what it is, but a copper token with a star with lettering Promise Circle - DCGSC (the only thing I can come up with off the top of my head is Dutchess county Girl Scouts C:huh:) lol
I've really been happy with how the E-trac has been treating me... can't wait to get back out there soon!

randy
11-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Wow, you really picked that E-Trac up quickly, congrats on the silver :clapping:

coinnut
11-05-2010, 04:03 PM
It's becoming apparent that you and the E Trac have to be separated if you want to hunt down our way lol You are getting a little too comfortable with the gal ;) Great job of getting the hang of it. I guess Angel is a good teacher aye? lol Nice looking Standing Liberty and it seems that place has some deep or masked silver hiding for you to find thumbsup01 Looks like your silver count is gonna go up :happydance01:

coinnut
11-05-2010, 04:13 PM
The only thing I came up with for Promise Circle (other than music related) was a link to Girl Scouts and the promise circle was a place where people who donate more than $1000.00 a year were recognized. Could not find anything on the initials though.

catskillcomics
11-05-2010, 04:24 PM
It's becoming apparent that you and the E Trac have to be separated if you want to hunt down our way lol You are getting a little too comfortable with the gal ;) Great job of getting the hang of it. I guess Angel is a good teacher aye? lol Nice looking Standing Liberty and it seems that place has some deep or masked silver hiding for you to find thumbsup01 Looks like your silver count is gonna go up :happydance01:

Thanks George, but If I am hunting in the woods, it will be with the DFX anyways, not the E-trac... Maybe :thinkingabout: Yes, Angel gave me quite a few pointers, but you did too.. something along the line of I don't want to see me in your neck of woods with that thing :beatdown: rofl ;)
Seriously, I really do appreciate everyone that has helped me along on the Etrac :beerbuddy:

coinnut
11-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Yes, Angel gave me quite a few pointers, but you did too.. something along the line of I don't want to see me in your neck of woods with that thing :beatdown: rofl ;)

Yeah, that sounds about right lol You can bring your Radio Shack detector out our way anytime Scott thumbsup01 You have done really well learning that machine. Record time. :clapping: Just Like Beefcake (Brian)did. :beerbuddy:

angellionel
11-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Awesome group of finds, Scott! thumbsup01 That fairground will be yielding many more silver coins. I can feel it! :happydance01:

jkress
11-06-2010, 07:39 PM
You make finding SLQ's soooo easy. :yes: It's a beauty too.

Your silver count is jumping by leaps and bounds now.

Congrats.

RobW
11-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Tat fairground is really paying off for you! Nice...