PDA

View Full Version : detector

woodcr
11-06-2010, 08:09 PM
I will be retiring in 8 months. I would like to get back into metal detecting, what is the least expensive model that is not a toy and will find coins and rings buried on land.
woodcr

coinnut
11-06-2010, 08:17 PM
I will be retiring in 8 months. I would like to get back into metal detecting, what is the least expensive model that is not a toy and will find coins and rings buried on land.
woodcr

Hey Woodcr, welcome to the forum. If you are looking for an inexpensive machine that is good for clad hunting and a bit more too, then I would consider Garretts new machines (the Ace 350 and the new one AT Pro. Also Tesoro is a lightweight machine that is rather inexpensive too. Both those choices will start you back very nicely and are not toys. They can always be used as a backup machine or be sold if you stay in the hobby and want to get a higher priced machine. Wait a bit and see what everyone else comes up with.

Lowjiber
11-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Welcome to your new obsession and our forum.

Being retired is a great asset in this hobby, since you'll never have time for work. lol

I recommend the White's MXT Pro. It is very powerful, yet moderately priced. There are more and less expensive machines, but the MXT is a favorite of just about everyone who's ever tried one.

It's not the wand...it's the wizard.