PDA

View Full Version : NOT SO GOOD CELLAR HOLE HUNT WITH GARY

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-06-2010, 09:10 PM
went out with gary to some sites he pounded.
managed a couple buttons,a HUUUUGE rosette,a large D-buckle,a spoon bowl and thought i had a coin until i cleaned her up.just a brass tag with denticaled rim and blank in the center.oh well..can't strike it rich every hunt

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-06-2010, 09:11 PM
more pics

coinnut
11-06-2010, 09:21 PM
You did way better than we did lol We tried hard, but not much. Nice large rosette and I can see you thinking coin on that one lol I hate them D buckles. We each found one today :ticked: At least you got out and did some hunting!!

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-06-2010, 09:39 PM
You did way better than we did lol We tried hard, but not much. Nice large rosette and I can see you thinking coin on that one lol I hate them D buckles. We each found one today :ticked: At least you got out and did some hunting!!

yeah damn D buckles rofl then theres these things they are round with a hole in the center and a beveled side like they went against a small pole or something.they ring out like a large cent :ticked: sorry you guys had a lousy day too.

coinnut
11-06-2010, 09:47 PM
then theres these things they are round with a hole in the center and a beveled side like they went against a small pole or something.they ring out like a large cent :ticked:

I think that is part of a lantern. There is a flat strip of brass that goes through the middle of it and holds a flat braided wick. It's a different design then the dome top ones, I think :confused: lol