PDA

View Full Version : whites spectrum xlt

Rusthunter
10-25-2009, 05:24 PM
HELP PLEASE! while out hunting today I began to notice every target was reading as 5.5 inches deep. I dropped a quarter on the ground and it showed 5.5 also. Any ideas? Should I try a reboot? Is it even possible to do on an xlt? I tried pulling the battery while the machine was on and it did not help.

Dave
10-25-2009, 05:36 PM
1. Make sure ALL the screws on the box are tight and I mean all of them. The main issue here seems to be a ground at the mounting screws for the coil connector on the box. Just be sure to check and tighten them all.

2. Try a hard reboot. (This is something you should do each time that you install new batteries or a freshly charged battery pak, just for smile's and giggle's).

1. With fresh or freshly charged batteries, turn on and set up to hunt
2. With power on, remove the batteries
3. Wait a couple of minutes
4. Reinstall batteries
5. Restart
You might have to try this at least a couple of times. If after a few times, it don't help, it ain't gonna.

3. With the battery pak removed, clean the tabs inside the box where the contacts are and the contacts on your battery pak. Use an eraser for this.

4. If you feel comfortable about taking apart your XLT and removing the circuit board and I would only do this if the problem developed gradually and then steadily became worse. Check all of the connections and make sure they are tight and reseat any of the push/snap in chips. If your XLT is still under warranty / If you haven't done this before / If your really not sure about it. You should go ahead and send it in. You don't want to cause any damage to the circuit board.

If none of these thing's work, you should send your XLT in. If it is still under warranty it's free. All you will need to pay is the shipping to the factory or one of the repair centers. They pay the return shipping and your machine will come back just like new.

If these repairs work for you. I would suggest repeating them every few months. Then clean and wipe down your XLT from the coil to the box. Remove your coil cover and clean it too.

Rusthunter
10-25-2009, 06:17 PM
Dave you are the man! thumbsup01 I checked all connections and screws and blew out the box and circuit board and reassembled working fine now... Too bad i didnt think to do it today while at 1880's school house.

Dave
10-25-2009, 08:43 PM
I'm glad you were able to get your XLT up running again. I have had to go through the same process with the DFX.

OkieDigger
10-26-2009, 10:15 AM
I think Dave should get the helper of the month award for being the first member to help another one fix a problem. thumbsup01

Dave
10-26-2009, 10:25 AM
thumbsup01 Heck ya! Thank's OkieDigger!

Rusthunter
10-26-2009, 05:35 PM
I think Dave should get the helper of the month award for being the first member to help another one fix a problem. thumbsup01

I second that...

sectshun8
12-06-2009, 05:53 AM
Has anyone using an XLT had success using any of the programs from books on the machine? For example, any of the XLT Ring Enhancement Programs from the book of the same name by Clive? Or Spectrum Secrets by Kevin Mulrooney?

coinnut
12-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Great Job Dave!!! thumbsup01 thumbsup01 I would have never thought of that. On second thought, even if I did, I would have sent mine in lol If I worked on it, I would be looking at a nice unfunctional mantle piece :rolleyes:

del
12-07-2009, 07:10 AM
great call on that one Dave . ;)

Rusthunter
01-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Has anyone using an XLT had success using any of the programs from books on the machine? For example, any of the XLT Ring Enhancement Programs from the book of the same name by Clive? Or Spectrum Secrets by Kevin Mulrooney?

I am reading Clive's XLT ring enhancement programs now. I have done some bench testing with it, but have not really been able to get out and try it in the park due to weather and the holidays. From the bench testing it seems as though it will help, but you will still be digging alot of pull tabs.

BillZ
01-03-2010, 11:04 AM
I recently got the book myself, along with XLT Field Methods and Custom Programs.
Waiting for the weather to warm up a bit to try some of the programs.

Rusthunter
01-03-2010, 11:37 AM
I recently got the book myself, along with XLT Field Methods and Custom Programs.
Waiting for the weather to warm up a bit to try some of the programs.

Please let me know what you think of the XLT field methods and custom program book. That may be my next book to purchase.

BOWSER
03-13-2010, 05:48 PM
i been detecting 6 years now , i have ha d 2 idx pro's ,1 modified and one stock, i liked them both,The 6.59 frequency seems to be a pretty good all around frequency for detecting.My point being that i have never met anyone that did not have more than a marginal success with this machine , meaning the xlt. i have heard th is model being discountinued. With me simplicity is the key and these new fangled detectors have turned some people into blithering idiots tryin to figure out how to use them. :confused:

Rusthunter
03-14-2010, 08:01 PM
I have had XLT up against a dfx on multiple occasions. The DFX really did not impress me. I love my XLT.

drew73
04-04-2010, 08:51 PM
got any good coin programs:huh::huh:thinkingabout:

jer4004
04-05-2010, 06:17 PM

Spectrum Better Depth, Daryl J. R. Townley. The coin program in this book found me lots of deep silver.

drew73
04-05-2010, 11:00 PM
help :ticked: on the accept & reject do you have to put the numbers in or is this -50 to +94 a mental note?

Rusthunter
04-06-2010, 09:25 AM
help :ticked: on the accept & reject do you have to put the numbers in or is this -50 to +94 a mental note?

Go into pro options select discrimination. Youcan accept or reject each number one at a time or go to block discrimination to select multiples.

woodchuck
05-25-2010, 03:29 PM
My first detector ever used was a Spectrum Xlt,still have one,easy to use and still learning new stuff about it.I love it :grin:

kenfen
08-27-2010, 05:57 PM
Not sure why you'd not like the DFX, it's just a fancy XLT.... but, I'm no guru, just a coingrabber. thumbsup01

I think whatever you like and know very well is what's best for you.

Me, I gotta get my sweaty palms on a V3i.

Kind Regards, Ken