PDA

View Full Version : 11-7-10

pulltabsteve
11-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Hunted for a short time this afternoon after work. Went back to the old park. Too many people here today. It was a madhouse. I talked to about 10 people in 30 minutes asking what Im looking for. I LOVE talking to people about the history of this place but time was limited today so I left the park after finding the larger of the 2 buttons. I did get stopped by an older gent maybe in his 80s who was taking a stroll and I made sure I had time to stop and talk to him. I could tell by his smile that I made his day <: After the park I went to a private house about 1/4 mile away. 1st hit was the 1901 barber :happydance01: 2nd hit was the IH 1907 :happydance01: and the 3rd hit was the small bullseye button. Time to head home. This is only the 5th time Ive been to the house. It used to have LOTS of chicken coops on the property from the early 1900s. The ground is saturated with wire so it make detecting kinda difficult. VERY SLOW. Once I clean out some of the metal, Im sure there will be some good keepers. Its owned and cared for by the town and its the same guy who has given me exclusive permission to hunt the park.

zrickkid
11-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Cool hunt, it looks like you have a good spot there. 8)

angellionel
11-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Very nice finds, Steve. thumbsup01

coinnut
11-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Nice looking Barber and Indian :clapping: but them buttons are a lot older than them coins are :shocked04: And congrats on the tri-fecta (pulltabs that is lol) 3 different kinds ;) Sounds like there are more goods to come!!!

RobW
11-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Nice digs! Love them barbers :smitten: