PDA

View Full Version : SUN CELLAR HOLE HUNT WITH FRANK

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Frank has been hot on the large coppers lately and today was no exception.we spent about 4 hours at the cellar hole.I squeaked out a few keepers but,today was Franks day!
I got a large dandy or cloak button with some gold gilting still left on it,a 1875 indian head ( a decent date),a large iron farm implement(never dug anything like this before)
franks large cent was unidentifiable but he also dug this 2 piece button wiyh a scovill & co super fine backmark.Dan or G can you shed some light on this button with house and RtS ? festina lente?

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-07-2010, 08:08 PM
more pics

coinnut
11-07-2010, 08:42 PM
That seems like a real good hunt even without a copper. thumbsup01 Nice, full liberty early Indian (very nice lol) a sweet cloaker (were you thinking GW? ;)) That farm tool....could it be used to make a small cut in the dirt to plant seeds?? :confused: You drag it and make your rows?? I don't know lol The button is different. It's Latin and basically means - hasten slowly, meaning go quickly but keep thing up to par, so as to not regret any mistakes by going too fast, but not be left behind by going to slow. It almost always associated with some guy in the 16th century who developed italics type ?? Anyhow it's also Latin for Nice Find Dave lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-07-2010, 08:48 PM
That seems like a real good hunt even without a copper. thumbsup01 Nice, full liberty early Indian (very nice lol) a sweet cloaker (were you thinking GW? ;)) That farm tool....could it be used to make a small cut in the dirt to plant seeds?? :confused: You drag it and make your rows?? I don't know lol The button is different. It's Latin and basically means - hasten slowly, meaning go quickly but keep thing up to par, so as to not regret any mistakes by going too fast, but not be left behind by going to slow. It almost always associated with some guy in the 16th century who developed italics type ?? Anyhow it's also Latin for Nice Find Dave lol
thanks G! yeah i was hopin GW! 3 rd times a charm right? ;) :yes:
i thought seeing the bulding on his button it was gonna be some civil war cadet button :shocked04: was a good short hunt!

coinnut
11-07-2010, 09:18 PM
i thought seeing the bulding on his button it was gonna be some civil war cadet button was a good short hunt!

It could still be. I bet a lot of places adopted that slogan, like colleges and businesses and just about anyplace else I guess :confused: Maybe someone will recognize that building??

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-08-2010, 12:14 AM

i was told the iron tool is called a froe.used to cut wood or make shingles

RobW
11-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Nice hunt. Nice buttons!

coinnut
11-08-2010, 08:56 AM
i was told the iron tool is called a froe.used to cut wood or make shingles

Hey, that's great you know what it is. :clapping: Here's one that I found, now that we know what it is lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Froe

sniffy
11-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Pretty sweet hunt.

del
11-09-2010, 03:59 AM
hey Dave nice decent hunt , some very good relics my friend . how have things been with the meds , going well i hope . i see it hasn't slowed you down any , thats a good sign . :beerbuddy: hey Franks button looks very familiar , i bet its in one of my books . i'll have a look and get back to you. congrats :cheering:

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-09-2010, 07:44 PM
hey Dave nice decent hunt , some very good relics my friend . how have things been with the meds , going well i hope . i see it hasn't slowed you down any , thats a good sign . :beerbuddy: hey Franks button looks very familiar , i bet its in one of my books . i'll have a look and get back to you. congrats :cheering:

things are going ok with the meds Dan thanks for askin.
franks button is in Alberts in the &quot:daydream:ther Schools section at page 340 but not much info on it i was told