PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Silver, Sunday Copper

angellionel
11-07-2010, 08:16 PM
This weekend was a tad too cold for my blood, at least for its being this early in the season. :cheesysmile: The strong breeze is what had me begging for the warmth of the bed covers. lol Anyway, I did manage to make some good finds on Saturday, but Sunday turned out to be a non-silver day, though I did manage a very corroded larger cent. :rolleyes:

Saturday

These did warm me up somewhat during the day. :smitten: The SLQ is quite worn, but even so I would never refuse one. :happydance01:

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/November/silvercoins_110610.jpg

This ring was reading just like a half dollar, but it was shallow, two inches at most, so I was counting on it being a silver ring, and it was.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/November/silverring_110610.jpg

I cannot make out any details at all on this large and thick disk. I'm not even sure that it is a coin. :confused:

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/November/unknown_110610.jpg

Sunday

Aside from several old wheat cents, this was the only good target today, a large cent. It's very badly corroded on both sides.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/November/largecent_110710.jpg

I did not remain long at the park since there was a large parade taking place and many of the roads were being closed off. These officers and their horses were getting ready for the parade.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/November/horses01_110710.jpg

HH!

dave in iowa
11-07-2010, 08:20 PM
always a treat to see your finds

coinnut
11-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Good group of silver. :yes: I think the other slug is a large cent too lol It is getting a bit cold in the early hours :rolleyes: Can't wait for Spring....come on Spring rofl

pulltabsteve
11-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Great bunch of digs! I kind of prefer the cold for detecting. Bundle up and head to the woods thumbsup01

jkress
11-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Nice!

Even your bad days beat the heck out of my good days!!.... more like my great days. :rolleyes:

It is getting a little bit chilly out there in the morning. There has been a few morning lately that I am at three layers and a hat. crying01

.... but, we just gained an hour of light in the morning. :peace:

Congrats on your silver and LC.

randy
11-08-2010, 07:09 AM
Yeah, it was a bit cold and windy on Saturday here as well. Nice silver :happydance01:, and that park looks nice also. Let's hope it doesn't get too cold too soon.

z118
11-08-2010, 07:20 AM
Sweet digs! It was pretty cold up here too... I spent Saturday hunting in a wet snow. Hopefully this early cold is not a sign of things to come!

RobW
11-08-2010, 08:37 AM
What! A day without silver!? :shocked04:
Glad to see it happens to the BEST of us! lol
Those are still some great finds from Saturday...Sunday too, cause that one find would have made my day!

angellionel
11-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Thanks guys! :beerbuddy:

Good group of silver. :yes: I think the other slug is a large cent too lol It is getting a bit cold in the early hours :rolleyes: Can't wait for Spring....come on Spring rofl

Yeah, I'm already rooting for spring as well. rofl It will soon start to get dark by 4:30, and mornings are too cold for my blood. :cheesysmile: Hopefully I still have a few short hunts left before the ground freezes. :huh:

Great bunch of digs! I kind of prefer the cold for detecting. Bundle up and head to the woods thumbsup01

The trees do offer cover from the cold wind. thumbsup01 I mostly hunt parks though, so when that wind starts to whip it is back to car to thaw out. lol

Nice!

Even your bad days beat the heck out of my good days!!.... more like my great days. :rolleyes:

It is getting a little bit chilly out there in the morning. There has been a few morning lately that I am at three layers and a hat. crying01

.... but, we just gained an hour of light in the morning. :peace:

Congrats on your silver and LC.

I know what you mean! lol I had five layers and a hoodie during yesterday's hunt. You would think it was 20 minus out there. rofl That wind was biting though. :sick:

Yeah, it was a bit cold and windy on Saturday here as well. Nice silver :happydance01:, and that park looks nice also. Let's hope it doesn't get too cold too soon.

Sweet digs! It was pretty cold up here too... I spent Saturday hunting in a wet snow. Hopefully this early cold is not a sign of things to come!

I'm hoping for a good weekend. :happydance01: We had wet snow this morning, and the wind is whipping. :shocked01:

What! A day without silver!? :shocked04:
Glad to see it happens to the BEST of us! lol
Those are still some great finds from Saturday...Sunday too, cause that one find would have made my day!

lol Yeah, my silver streak ended this Sunday. :crying02: It was a good run though. :loveit: :happydance01:

1147SILVER
11-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Good job there. some day i get to the point where i keep posting silver

nice and congrats

114 silver

little man
11-08-2010, 10:23 PM
that wasa sweet hunt :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

catskillcomics
11-09-2010, 04:55 PM
I can't believe how dark some of the silver you find are... the SLQ dang looks like a rusty clad or corroded copper...
Like the ring too ... :beerbuddy:

rsarge1
11-09-2010, 06:30 PM
sweet finds wtg soon it will be too cold and frozen around here to do anything.